Relieved

I have to leave.

I continued to walk away, trying to find Leo. Once I found him, I started to walk towards him.

Leo was talking to a boy next to him, laughing. But just as I reached him, he looked over at me, he stopped talking.

"L-leo, I'm g-gonna head o-out, you c-can stay," I rush out. I could feel my brain going haywire. 

I might have been exaggerating a bit but I really didn't want to be here. I was really nervous. The boy Adam was starting to freak me out a bit.

First, he didn't leave me alone in class earlier today and he doesn't seem to be refraining from talking to me again.

Leo's smile faded into a worried one.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked getting up, looking at me.

"I-I'm just feeling a bit s-sick is all. But p-please stay, I'll find my w-way back to the campus." I lied.

"Oh well, I'll walk you ba-" Leo was cut off by one of his friends.

"Leo, just let her go. I'm sure she'll be fine. You barely even hang out with us at school, c'mon man." Jacob interjected, placing his hand on his shoulder.

Leo looked at him with a slightly irritated look.

"I-I'll be fine, I p-promise." I said. Leo turned to look back at me. His face softened as he did.

"Fine. But text me when you get back to your dorm okay?" He said.

"I w-will, I promise," I reassured him. Even though he seemed uncertain about me going by myself, he nodded his head.

I then waved at him and I was off. I quickly made my way through the warm bodies around me. 

Once I made it out of the crowd, I walked out of the party. I then grabbed my phone to text Aria. 

I should have told her I was going to leave.

Me: AriaI'm sorry for not letting you know earlier but I started to feel a bit sick and so I left the party. I'll see you back at the dorm.

I put my phone in my back pocket. I looked around as I continued to walk and saw that there was nobody out there except for me. 

And a girl who just walked past me five minutes ago walking her dog.

Great.

I shivered as the cool breeze hit my skin. I wrapped my arms around myself to warm myself up.

A vibration sounded from my phone. I grabbed it.

Aria: Hey girl! It's fine, Tom offered to give me a ride anyways (aka the boy you saw me meet). I hope you feel better! If you need me to get anything on the way I will <333

Me: It's okay, I'll be fine. Enjoy your night!

I placed my phone back into my pocket.

Right as I rounded a corner I heard a noise, like someone stepping on trash.

I snapped my head to look behind me. There wasn't anybody in sight. 

 Maybe it was an animal.

I start to walk a bit faster while making sure to check my surroundings. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as I started to get more and more paranoid.

My heart started to pound against my chest. Nerves began to fill my body as well.

I screamed, feeling something brush against my leg. I looked down to find it was only a dog.

My face blushed in embarrassment. I looked around to see if anybody heard me.