[30] "Sleep"

MY EYES get harder and harder to stay open and my head feels heavy on my shoulders. I'm tired, but not a single part of me wants to peel myself off of this comfy couch. Seriously, I never thought a couch could be this comfy. The cushions basically swallow me into the couch and the foot rest is perfectly placed to where I'm stretched out. I left Archer's jacket that he lended me at the dinner in the kitchen, but I kind of wish I kept it on because it was actually really comfy. Then again, right now I don't think it could get any better.

I guess a part of it could be due to the fact that Archer is basically my pillow and he's draped a blanket over me. The warmth from his body fights off the chill I can never seem to keep away. Like I can't stay a nice comfortable temperature to save my life. I look back at the movie and zone out as the pictures and characters flick across the screen.

     I slowly tilt my head to see if I can get a peek as to whether Archer is awake or not because I can't be the only one struggling. I spy him out of the corner of my eye...wide awake. Eyes glued to the movie, he doesn't show an ounce of tiredness on him. I don't even know what time it is but I know my family isn't going to wonder where I am. I forget about school tomorrow and how even though in this moment things may be relaxing, I have to go back to real life. Part of me has the urge to get up and leave and ask him to bring me home like how it was supposed to happen the second I got into the car with him and Annie.

     When did it get to this point? When did my life change to where I don't realize what's happening?

ARCHER

     I FEEL the weight of Raven's head getting heavier and heavier on my shoulder. I figured she'd be tired after the long day. She intermittently jerks up and glances over hoping I don't notice she's about to pass out. I internally smile, feeling like today and everything that happened has changed things from now on--or at least I hope so.

     "Do you want me to take you home?" I ask after she almost falls asleep again.

     "What? Oh no, I'm good," she says, sleep evident in her voice.

     "We do still have school tomorrow," I say, but secretly hoping she doesn't care.

     She pauses, "We can finish this movie and then I'll go home."

     I really don't think she's making it through this movie but I'll make sure to either set an alarm or make sure I stay awake. I nod in agreement and she turns her attention back to what she chose. Another Fast and Furious movie, but I'm honestly not even sure which one it is. I haven't been paying the most attention. I see cars and that's about enough to make me content.

     This whole situation with Raven and how it's all played out has gone better than I expected, but I wonder how she'll feel in the morning. I don't want her to be spooked and things to go back to how they were. Mostly, I don't want her to regret coming over and staying for a bit when the original plan was for me to just drop her off. If I at all pressured her to be here or stay it'd eat me alive.

     I look over to my side carefully to see if she's still awake, but her eyes are shut and she seems knocked out. I try not to laugh as this is the second time this has happened. The drive in last night was the first, but she's had a long couple of days I'm sure. She's tucked the blanket under her chin and leaned over just slightly. At least one of us is comfy because I'm not. I haven't been this whole time but of course I wouldn't say anything. The foot rest is pushed too close to the couch so my legs almost hang off and she's completely hogged the blanket. To be fair, I did mostly drape it across her since she looked cold when she ditched my jacket in the kitchen.

     But she's content and right now that's all that matters.

     I pull my phone out and set an alarm for 9am the next morning. We're going to be severely late for school but it's either that or wake her up at the crack of dawn and send her off with no sleep. I decide to try and wake her one more time to make sure she's comfortable with everything.