Imagine Loki feeling sad

(๑•﹏•)
I arrived home from work one day to find Loki on the couch curled up in a blanket bundle crying into a container of double chocolate ice cream. Watching Inside Out, which he never watched. It didn't take a genius to figure out something was wrong. I set down my purse and keys and sat down on the couch next to him. "Hey, love, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm fine."
"You're clearly not fine. You're watching Inside Out."
"How'd you figure it out?"
"You never watch it. Now tell me what's wrong or I'm revoking your ice cream priveliges."
Loki sighed and leaned into me. "It's my mother's birthday today." That was all I needed to know. Mama Frigga was gone. Every year on her birthday Loki became a sob blob. I had totally forgotten this year because I had been caught up with my new job. "I'm sorry, love. I'll sit here with you, if you want?" I asked. He nodded and leaned on me. I stroked his hair and kissed his forehead.
Once the movie was over he went back to being a groundhog, buried in the blanket. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, I have emotional jumper cables. I'll boost you. I'll just attach them like so--"
"This is just a hug, darling."
"Well, is it working?"
Loki stifled a smile. "Maybe."