Imagine spending New Year's with Loki

Happy New Year to all my fellow Wattpadians!
It was the final day of the year. December 31st, and the New Year's party I had thrown had just ended. The New Year's show in NYC was at full tilt, and Dolly Parton was singing "Jolene" in front of screaming fans. But me? I was sitting on my comfy, warm couch with Loki, my boyfriend. We had made hot cocoa for each other and were snuggling under a knit blanket.

We watched as the countdown began from 100. Loki held my hand. "Y/n, I want you to know, no matter what this new year brings, I'm here with you. The whole way through," he said. I nodded and replied, "Me too. I'm not going anywhere."

Soon enough, the countdown had reached ten. "Y/n, I need to ask you something," he said.

Nine.

"Yes?"

Eight.

"I know we've been dating for a while--"

Seven.

"I'm just going to get this out now--"

Six.

"Because if I don't I don't know when I will be able to."

Four.

"Y/n, I love you. And I--dammit. Will you marry me?"

Happy New Year!

I didn't hesitate to kiss him just as the ball dropped on the TV. The first kiss of 2023. For me anyway. I slowly broke away the kiss, both of us smiling. "So is that a--"

"Yes. Yes, I will."

"Not a bad way to start the year, is it?"

"Not at all."