Imagine Loki reading to you after a nightmare

(•ө•)♡
"And for another, we have the hulk." You looked at Loki as the Hulk was unleashed upon Thanos, only to be beat easily. You ran for the Mad Titan and threw a purple orb of power at him only for him to use the Power Stone to pin you down under rubble. "No! Stop it, Thanos! I'll give you--I'll give you the Tesseract."
"Loki, no. My life isn't worth billions."
He put a finger to his lips and used his magic to make the Tesseract appear. "I, Loki, God of Mischief, Rightful Ruler of Jotunheim, Odinson, do swear to you my... undying fidelity," he said, behind his back a dagger appearing. You repressed the urge to scream at how he was tricking him. He held the dagger to Thanos' throat but was stopped by the magic of the Power Stone.
"Undying? You should choose your words more carefully," he said, lifting Loki in the air by his neck. "No!!" You screamed, but Thanos' henchman, Ebony Maw, waved his hand causing rubble to clasp over your mouth. "Shh," he said. All you could do was hear Loki choke in the grasp of the Mad Titan. "Y--you will never be...a god--"
CRUNCH.
"LOKI!!!" I screamed, throwing the blankets off of me. I frantically looked around for him. He wasn't here--no. No, no. "Darling, I was only getting a glass of water, what's wrong?" He asked, settling down beside me once he saw my disheveled appearance. I couldn't stop hyperventilating. "Love, look at me. Hold my hand. Deep breaths with me, okay?" He looked at me, holding me. Eventually we got my breathing under control and he asked me again what was wrong. "N--nightmare. Bad one," I whispered. He pulled me into his arms. "Whatever it was, you're safe. You're safe, my angel," he whispered.
He wiped the tears that were pricking my eyes away and kissed my forehead. "It's okay, I'm here. I won't let anything hurt you," he reassured me. He stroked my hair and rubbed my back, knowing that it always calmed me down. He pulled away from me for just a moment to ask, "Would you like me to read to you?" I nodded and pulled a book off my shelf beside my bed-- The Hobbit. It always relaxed me. Loki took the book from me and I cuddled closer to him. He gathered the hair that had fallen in front of my face and tucked it behind me. "Lay down, little love. Relax, I'm here," he said for further reassurance, patting his chest. I nodded and laid down on him.
"In a hole in the ground, there lived a Hobbit..."