Who Did This To You?

I was walking the streets, away from my boyfriend's apartment. We just had another argument, and this one was the worst one. He threw a vase at my head, and I fell into the coffee table missing it. To make sure he got the message across, he bruised me up pretty bad.

I quietly knocked on the door of my good friend, Loki's, apartment. I looked back repeatedly to make sure he wasn't following me. He knew about Loki and had some sort of conspiracy theory that we were dating. Which we weren't.

"Ah, Y/n. What are you--" his cheery expression quickly disappeared when he saw my face and body. "Y/n, look at me. Who did this to you?" I paused, scared to answer the question. "Are you--"

"Can I come inside? Please? And then you'll have everything you want to know."

He nodded and rushed me inside. I guess he had the same fear I did. He wrapped a blanket around me and got me a cup of hot chocolate, and sat down next to me. "Whenever you're ready, tell me." I nodded and took a few sips before regaling him of my boyfriend.

At the end of the whole thing, he looked appalled. "How long? How long has this been going on?" He asked, a dangerous edge to his voice. "Seven--seven months," I could barely get one syllable out. "That asshole doesn't deserve you. You can stay here as long as you want to--"

"My things. They're all at the apartment."

"Don't worry about that. I'll go there and get them, and lecture that boyfriend of yours."

I nodded as Loki carried me up to his spare bedroom. "There's a television. Turn on whatever you like, and if you need some, there's some clothes in there. They might be a little big but I'm sure they'll do until I get your things."

"Loki, I ask one thing of you."

"Yes?"

"Please, whatever you do to him, don't get in trouble."

He winked and said, "Don't worry about it. I'll just leave a reminder that he shouldn't hurt women." I nodded and curled up under the plush blankets, turning f/m on.

An hour passed before Loki came back. I tensed up, a reflex from when he would come back drunk. Loki had a few boxes, my things. I ran out to hug him, and felt his arms fondly wrap around me. "Don't worry about him. I called the police as soon as I left, he'll be put away." I smiled for the first time in a while. Loki followed me into the guest bedroom. "What movie are we watching?"

"F/m."

"Ah, one of the great classics," Loki joked. He cuddled against me as we finished the movie. I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and he flushed. "Thank you for possibly saving my life."

"I would do anything for you."