Prophecy Smophecy 1

By: DriftWood1965

Starts at the end of the Battle of Hogwarts. As Harry stands over the dead body of Voldemort he realizes something. Bad Dumbledore. One shot.

Harry stood over the fallen body of the man who had caused so much suffering in his life. He looked down at the open lifeless red eyes that stared at nothing. Harry couldn't believe he'd won. All fighting had ceased around him as Voldemort had collapsed.

Most Death Eaters were surrendering; some who had been truly imperiused dropped their wands and collapsed in tears as they remembered what they had been forced to do.Harry felt someone rush to him and wrap their arms around him. "Harry you did it!" Hermione yelled.He turned and looked at his friend and smiled. He wrapped his arm around her in a returned hug and answered.

"No, we did it!"They both looked back down at Voldemort's body. "I can't believe it ended that way. His curse just bounced back on him," Hermione commented. "I mean his own curse killed him."Harry's eyes widened as they shot up and looked at his friend. "It bounced...back," He whispered as he looked back down at the Elder Wand he'd just caught. "It didn't happen...it wasn't by my hand," Harry's eyes lost focus for a second and then a look of rage appeared on his face as he screamed "DAMN HIM!"

"What?" Hermione asked, startled by her friend's outburst."DAMN HIM!" Harry repeated as he turned and sprinted out of the Great Hall. Hermione tried to keep up but Harry Potter was on a mission of rage and he left her way behind.Harry passed the overturn Gargoyle and pounded up the steps to the Headmaster's office. The door was closed, but he didn't even bother to check to see if it was unlocked.

A "REDUCTO!" from the Elder Wand reduced it to dust. He only stopped when he was standing in front of the portrait of Albus Dumbledore.Around the room all the portraits were yelling in celebration as word had spread rapidly through the castle. Albus looked down at the young man before him.

Tears were sliding past the half moon glasses and into the long white beard. "I'm so proud.." the portrait started. "DAMN YOU!" Harry shouted and every portrait in the office instantly fell silent. "DAMN YOU TO HELL!" The portrait of Albus Dumbledore looked shocked.

"Why? This is a time of celebration..."
"SHUT UP!" Harry yelled."Harry, what's going on?" the breathless voice of Hermione called from behind him. "Yeah mate," Ron added also sounding a bit out of breath. Harry kept staring at the Portrait in front of him. "YOU LIED TO ME!" and before the portrait could respond he continued. "Either must die at the hand of the other...do you recognize those words?" He asked in a low dangerous voice. "Of course Harry.."

"HE DIDN"T DIE BY MY HAND!" Harry's voice was filled anger. "The prophecy was wrong," Some small expression by the portrait caught Harry's eye and for some reason Harry instantly knew what had happened. "You bastard," Harry said. "If you weren't dead, I'd kill you a dozen times over for what you've done."
"Harry...Harry," Hermione was trying to get his attention.Harry turned and looked at Hermione causing her to take a step back.

The rage that filled Harry's eyes made the green as dark as she had ever seen them.That step back and the concern Harry saw in Hermione's eyes soothed something inside of him. As he found the eyes of his friend upon him, the friend who'd been with him every step of the way, the rage lessened. Without the horcrux sucking life from his soul he could feel the emotions that had been buried all along.

He barely noticed that Ginny had followed and now was in the room as well. Slowly, as he locked eyes with Hermione the rage drained away until finally, emotionally spent, he collapsed heavily into a chair.For several seconds he sat there with his face buried in his hands. Finally he looked again at Hermione. His eyes were now filled with fatigue and tears.