Family; Its in thr blood

"Draco is right about you, Potter. You're a disgrace to wizarding kind."

Harry and Hermione turned to see a blonde girl in Slytherin robes looking at him with disgust.

Behind them Malfoy and his minions sauntered off, laughing at the latest put down they had scored on the Gryffindor Golden Boy and his mudblood.

"Screw you!" Harry said heatedly. "You don't even know me. Malfoy doesn't know me. I've never insulted anyone like Malfoy does. He goes around doing it all the time and you have the nerve to call me a disgrace?"

"That's the point." She took an aggressive step forward. She was a few inches shorter than them and looked to be in Ginny's year. "You let him insult your family. You don't stop him from calling your mother a mudblood, or your friend."

Harry made to move forward but was stopped by Hermione. She could tell that Harry was on a hair-trigger. "We just don't believe in stooping to his level."

"Ha!" She shook her head in disgust. "I can believe you would think that way, Granger. You were raised muggle. But Potter should know better. He should know just how much of an insult Draco is making and why he is a fool for letting it slide."

"How the devil am I supposed to know better?"

"Because you were taught these things! Didn't you pay attention when Dumbledore and Merlin were tutoring you?"

The girl was confused as both older teens actually leaned back in shock… and then laughed.

Now she was pissed. More pissed. "How dare you laugh about this! You were granted the greatest honour, to sit and learn at the feet of Merlin and-"

"Please! Stop!" Hermione was clutching her stomach. Her book bag was on the floor.

"God! I can't believe I was upset about being lectured by a girl who believes children's books are real." Harry chuckled as he picked up Hermione's bag and led her away.

The girl stood there, confused. She needed to speak to someone.

It was two days later. Harry squawked as he was yanked into an empty classroom as he followed Collin Creevey to the Weighing of the Wands Ceremony.

Somehow the shutterbug never noticed his charge had vanished.

"Again?" Harry groaned as he saw the same blonde Slytherin looking up at him. He was too frustrated to notice her completely different expression this time. "Look, I have to be somewhere. Can you attack me later?"

"Wait! I- I just wanted to apologise." She was holding her hands and wringing her fingers. "I… I didn't realise the books were fantasy. My sister pointed out that you dress like a muggle… a poor muggle.

"Has no one really ever told you about family?"

Harry frowned at her. She looked sincere, but also upset. "No. No one has told me anything about family. Hagrid gave me a photo album at the end of my first year and I met my godfather last year."

That upset turned to near livid outrage. "What about Weasley? Longbottom? They are both Purebloods. Didn't they tell you anything? Even the half-bloods-" She stopped her rant and turned thoughtful. "No, they wouldn't say anything because you wouldn't ask and you couldn't ask because you wouldn't even know you should ask."

Harry actually snorted a laugh. She sounded like one of the Dr. Seus books from primary school. He quickly schooled his face as he was subjected to a glare. "Is there something important I should know then?"

"Of course! Half-bloods and pure bloods are told by their parents and relatives."

"I'm an orphan."

"And your adopted parents should have told you."