Misunderstandings, Miscommunications and Logic

Remus Lupin thought of himself as many things but coward was not one. Unfortunately, at that precise moment, he was reconsidering that.

He had the suicidal task of retrieving Harry Potter from Privet Drive, the summer after his fifth year and to take him back to the wizarding world.

The problem was that he had stayed at his relative's house for the whole summer and not just a few weeks as he was supposed to. This was due to 'safety measures that had to be taken at last moment and couldn't be discussed with him.' Those were the words Albus Dumbledore had said when he announced the news to the order.

The main problem was that they had assured Harry that he would be spending his birthday with his friends and that ANY decision would be discussed with him.

So now, Remus had the mission to get him straight to the school, as for safety measures, it was risky for him to take the train.

Actually, that was the best way to delay Harry from finding out three things that had been hidden from him: a summer quidditch camp to which he was invited; the reading of Sirius Black's last will and the lift of the ban for the use of magic for underage wizards.

The first was due to the fact that he would NEVER agree to not go and they didn't think it was good to have him somewhere away from their watch. Curiously, they had sent Ron on his place. Remus never understood why it was safe to send the redhead instead of Harry and no one could answer that either.

The second matter was more complicated as no one had any idea of what Sirius had written on his will and, more specifically, what he had decided about his godson's future. It turned out that Sirius emancipated him and that was not good according to Albus.

"We need Harry to help us and it's not good that he had the freedom to do whatever he wants. He needs guidance," the aged wizard said seriously.

"And you'll guide him like last year, Albus? Or this year you'll show your true face?" Minerva asked with a thick tone of voice. Few people inside the order were happy about how he had managed Harry's situation the past year and now they were voicing it very loudly. Minerva was one of the loudest members that did it, with Remus close behind.

Instead of answering, Albus did what he did best: ignore the opinion and change the topic to something different. Unfortunately, that didn't go unnoticed to anyone.

The third matter was the most simple: Harry alone with his relatives for month and with the chance to use his wand was the same that a disaster ready to happen.

So now, the werewolf had the task of talking to the teen and taking him to school. Also, he had to do his best to calm him down before he met the headmaster and some other members of the order.

So, he apparated inside the teen's room, only to find him wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, reading a book of muggle chemistry and his things all around. That was the first signal of problems to Remus. (Actually it was the first inside the room because he knew that there would be LOTS of problems.)

"Harry…" Remus started to say, but the teen raised his hand, asking silence as he continued reading. The man sighed and tried again, "Harry…"

"Can't you wait for a minute? I'm doing something, if you didn't notice," the teen said seriously.

Knowing that pressing him would only make the matters worse, Remus remained quiet for ten minutes. That was when Harry closed the book and put it aside.

"Isn't it a bit late to catch the train?" The teen asked as checked his watch: it was almost one o'clock.

"There was a change of plans and I'm here to take you to Hogwarts," Remus said seriously.