Chances

Who said anything about Dementors?

The hearing against Harry Potter for the use of underage magic out of the school was going just as Fudge wanted and he had the teen exactly where he wanted: near the expelling.

Unfortunately for him, Harry Potter had an ace up his sleeve.

"Dementors? Who said anything about Dementors?" the teen asked suddenly when Dumbledore tried to explain his use of magic and Fudge tried to dismiss his claims of the creatures being out of the ministry's control.

"Then what?" Someone asked confused. The headmaster was shocked that the teen confronted his version and had no idea of what he had on mind.

"My cousin and I were attacked by a Lethifold," Harry said very seriously.

"Hem-hem, we have no reports of Lethifolds on that area," Umbridge said with a sweet smile.

"How do you expect to have one if they don't leave bodies behind?" the teen asked with an arched eyebrow. Internally, he was thanking Hermione for trying to distract him by reading some books and one of them was 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'. That was how he had come up with this idea.

"The Lethifolds usually live in the tropics," Amelia Bones said with an arched eyebrow.

"This summer was very hot at the continent, Madam. It was on the news: the hottest summer in the century. It seems that it had to do with the global heating and the ozone levels," Harry said with a shrug of his shoulders. And it was true: it had been in all the papers and on TV during the whole summer. Then he took several news articles about the subject and offered them to Amelia Bones, who picked them with curiosity and read them quickly.

"And you are telling us that you can create a corporeal patronus?" Augusta Longbottom asked with an arched eyebrow.

"I wouldn't be alive if I couldn't, Madam. After all, the Patronus is the only known defense against the Lethifolds," the teen said with a smile.

"That's ridiculous! You want us to believe that someone so mediocre like you can cast one of the most advanced spells in the world?" Delores asked with a depredatory smile.

"Can you?" Harry asked with a challenging tone.

"That will be enough, Delores," Amelia said seriously to Umbridge before turning to Harry and asked, "can you prove it?"

"If I get my wand back and you assure me that I won't have any problem with doing magic out of Hogwarts, I'd love to do so," The student said with serious nod.

"Auror Tonks, return Mr. Potter's wand to him," Amelia ordered the witch, who nodded and did as ordered.

"Amelia, this is ridiculous! He's lying! It's impossible that he can cast a…" Cornelius shouted before he had to shut as everyone saw the stag that ran around the chamber, before returning to Harry, bowing to him and disappearing.

"You were saying, Minister?" Harry asked with a wide smile. Next to him, Tonks did the impossible to keep a straight face. Harry whispered, "It won't help me if you start to laugh."

"It's hard not to do it. I mean, look at their faces," the auror answered in a low voice. The teen nodded as all answer as the chaos continued inside the room.

"ORDER! ORDER!" Amelia Bones shouted and trying to get control in the chambers. She was as shocked as everyone else about the stag, but someone needed to have some control there!

"THAT PROVES NOTHING!" Fudge shouted as soon as the noise had died.

"Actually, Minister, it proves my claims that I was in a life threatening situation," Harry said seriously. Then he asked with sarcasm, "Or will you tell us that Lethifolds are not dangerous creatures anymore?"