Choices 1: Sorry and first task

by:

"Please Harry, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME," Hermione Granger said imploringly, "I'm still your friend and I've always believed in you."

"Well MUDBLOOD you have a funny way of showing it now don't you," came the cruel reply. For once in her life Hermione was speechless – for about 15 seconds – while it sunk in that Harry James Potter, the most noble, brave, gentle and considerate person she had ever met had just called her that foul name. However she quickly snapped back to the task at hand, namely that of trying to get Harry Potter back on the correct path, the path of the Light as led by Albus Dumbledore.

So she swallowed her pride and anger and renewed her attack on the easily crushed emotional shields of Harry James Potter.

"Harry, I was only following orders – Professor Dumbledore's orders – she added for emphasis. He was only trying to discover who had put your name in the Goblet and to do that we all had to make everyone think you had cheated and lied your way into the Tournament.'"DRAGON DUNG" was the only reply. Then gentle Harry glared at the girl before using his magic (wandlessly no less) to push her out of the train compartment and then lock the door, close the curtains and cast silencing charms.

"Well that went well," Neville Longbottom said after the deed was done."Only until we arrive at Hogwarts and she gets to pounce on me again," came the reply. "She knows she is in a lot of trouble and the consequences if she doesn't get back in my good graces so she won't give up only because she can't."

Harry was correct in his assessment as Hermione Granger knew what was really at stake. It wasn't just her life and future at stake but several others including Albus Dumbledore, the wizard she had chosen to believe in, follow and obey to the detriment of all other relationships.She pounded on the door of the compartment after first trying to disable the magic Harry had placed on it. Usually she would have no trouble as she knew she was just so much better, talented and powerful in magic than Harry Potter.

Well, he could do a few things better than her such as mastering the Patronus spell, magical dueling and he was currently acknowledged as the best flyer at Hogwarts while Hermione refused to get on a broom due to her fear of heights. And yes, he had demonstrated he could use wandless magic but as Dumbledore had explained to her that was just a fluke, a case of accidental magic manifesting itself in a desperate situation.

People were starting to stare at the new Gryffindor fifth year female Prefect as she first demanded and then started to politely ask, then implore to be let in and explain things. At last it became embarrassing especially when the Head Boy approached her and order her to "Give up and start your patrol."

She had no other choice but to do as ordered but her mind was not on her job and she did it on autopilot. Her mind went back to how it had all began 11 months ago when Harry Potter's name came out of the Goblet making him the unwilling fourth champion in the Triwizard Tournament.It had been a huge scandal and the beginning of the end of many things, such as the end of the only real friendship she had...and maybe ever would have.

At first she had been shocked almost as much as Harry had been when his name came out of the Goblet. She knew he wouldn't have touched that contest with the proverbial ten foot pole as she had done extensive research on it and it was very dangerous. The danger, political manipulations and unethical behavior had been some of the reasons the Tournament hadn't been held since 1792. Why it was suddenly brought back was cause for much speculation but the Ministry of Magic was publicizing it and saying it was for the furthering of international cooperation and comradery.

Most of the school wanted to enter the contest for the "fame, glory and money" especially 98% of all Gryffindor males. Ron would have given anything to be picked, not that he would stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving, but that didn't stop his enthusiasm or constantly talking about it. The Weasley Twins were desperately trying to figure out a way to get around the many spells Dumbledore had placed around it but had failed miserably as had others.