Dark Lady Tonks

1980

Six-year-old Nymphadora Tonks frowned as she put down the book she'd gotten from her mother's private shelf in their bedroom. There hasn't been a Dark Lady since Morgana Le Fey..that's stupid. Boys aren't the only scary ones, mommy is scary when she catches daddy asleep at his desk. Auntie Bella is the scariest witch in the world but she's not a Dark Lady, she works for a Dark Lord..

I bet I could be a Dark Lady. If I was a Dark Lady, then I wouldn't have a bedtime, I wouldn't have to eat my broccoli, I could have treacle pudding whenever I wanted and no one would stop me. A little grin fell over the little girls face, I'm going to be the Dark Lady Tonks!

1985

Twelve-year-old Nymphadora Tonks stood in front of Quality Quidditch Supplies as she watched her mark. She's not paying attention to her coinpurse, I can grab it when she isn't looking and then I'll use the money to buy that wicked curse book I saw...and maybe some ice cream too..

Her mark left the shop just in time for Tonks to sneak in behind her and grab the coinpurse. The woman didn't seem to notice it was gone as she hurriedly apparated away. Tonks grinned as she looked at her prize, With her gone, no one will know who owned the purse, so I don't even have to hide it..

"Young lady!" Tonks froze as she felt a hand on her shoulder, Bugger me sideways.. She turned to see an old woman looking at her with a huge smile on her wrinkled face, "You got my purse back from the thief who stole it from me, how can I ever thank you?" She smiled widely at the girl before her, "I know!" The woman reached into the small bag and withdrew two sickles, "I think this is a proper reward for my heroine." The woman said as she left with the rest of her money.

The ice cream was tasty, Tonks had to admit to herself, but I wish I'd gotten my book...Still, as she waited for her mother to come to get her, she knew that this was just a setback on her path to being the Dark Lady Tonks.

1989

It was her fifth year at Hogwarts. The future Dark Lady Tonks knew that in order to be feared she needed to cause havoc. I need to kill someone, that'll start the ball rolling. A murder that no one can explain will get people scared, then I'll leave a calling card and they'll know the Dark Lady is at work!

Tonks knew that Amelia Bones would be giving a speech in Hogsmeade about her proposed changes in the processing of former Death Eaters. Tonks arrived at the speech and hid behind Zonko's as she changed into the face she'd decided on for the Dark Lady.

Out stepped a slightly taller, dark-haired woman. She'd decided that while the black hair would look appropriately evil and spooky, she resisted letting it curl too much, I don't want to look like Auntie Bella...she thought, so she went with straight hair that reached to her shoulders. She decided that her eyes should be bright green to make people think of the killing curse.

She spotted her target, a man in a dark cloak, hiding across the street watching the crowd. He was scratching his left arm as she raised her wand and sent a reducto at the man's head. The crowd screamed when the spell struck, blasting apart the skull of the man. Hah! Now all will fear the Dark Lady Tonks!

Tonks thoughts were halted as the Aurors raced through the crowd and went to the corpse. She swiftly ducked back behind Zonko's, reappearing in her normal face. The Aurors saw her and raced over towards her.

"Did you see who sent that spell?" One asked her when she seemed to freeze up, he softened his voice, "They're a hero. That was Charles Montford, a Death Eater. If he was here, then that could only mean one thing..."

"What?" Tonks asked curious of what the dark-skinned man could mean.

The Auror frowned, "He had to be here to assassinate Madam Bones. Are you sure you didn't see anyone?"