The Contract 8-13

Lucius was sitting in Wizengamot waiting for Dumbledore to be brought in. He had spent the morning with Madam Bones, along with some Aurors, and DoM personal. The Wizengamot had decided on the course of actions they would be taking regarding Harry Potter and Sirius Black. They had been reviewing everything concerning Sirius Black’s lack of a trial and the Potter estate. Harry Potter would remain under the guardianship of Lucius Malfoy. Madam Bones had spoken to Harry with a few members of Social Services present. Harry had already told them how much better his life was. Harry was aware of Lucius’ background. Harry explained war had two sides and each side had their views. The winners were the ones who declared how the history books recorded the events. The Social Services agents were happy with Harry’s attitude and care.

The Wizengamot agreed to clear Sirius Black after learning the truth. They reviewed the memories of the night of the Potters’ death and the events in the cave, where they saw Peter Pettigrew was alive. Once Black was cleared, he was shipped to the Janus Thackery Unit for help at the Ministry’s expense. The Ministry and Wizengamot worked out a settlement agreement between the Ministry and Lucius Malfoy acting on behalf of Sirius Black. Black wasn’t even close to being sane but he would get help. The Ministry would pay 13 years of back pay, reinstate Black’s pension, and 1,000,000 galleons for each year Black served in Azkaban, plus another 1,000,000 for the Dementors damage. Once the man was declared sane and able to handle working, he would be offered a position in the Auror Corp based on his abilities.

Lucius arranged for Black to have a private mind healer. He wasn’t sure where the man would stand once he knew the truth. Lucius agreed with Harry that Black deserved a chance to know the truth and decided for himself. Lucius believed that Black was always going to support Dumbledore regardless of what they showed the man. He hoped that Black would see his nephew and godson first, not Harry Potter, not James Potter, and he hoped that Sirius would see the truth about Dumbledore.

Lucius wasn’t worried about Black trying to gain custody of Harry. Harry had made sure to have any change of guardianship be tested before it could happen. Lucius added extra protection to Harry’s vaults, including blood testing to remove anything more than 100 galleons a month. The testing had to be done in Gringotts and it would include a test for any outside influences.

Dumbledore had spent the night in the holding cells along with the rest of the Order. Many were surprised at who Madam Bones had arrested. Everyone knew Mad-Eye was Dumbledore’s number one nut case but they weren’t expecting to see Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks, Professor McGonagall, and the Weasley family, except for the twins, Bill, Charlie, and Percy.

Charlie was in Romania. Bill had been working at Gringotts. Percy had started to distance himself from the family so he had remained at the Burrow when the family was at the Black Family house. The twins had also remained at the Burrow that night. The twins had been researching some of their pranks so they remained at home where their mother wouldn’t be able to prevent them from experimenting.

Last night or early this morning depending on who you asked, Dumbledore had started to make demands as soon as he had arrived at the Ministry. He demanded to be released along with everyone in the Order. He started to demand how Lucius was able to find the Black Family house. He refused to believe that Lucius didn’t do something to Harry. He started to demand that Lucius produce Harry. Dumbledore refused to accept that he was under arrest and demanded to see the Minister after they were released for their cuffs.

Molly Weasley wasn’t quiet either. She was screaming about how Lucius was a Death Eater. She was screaming about Death Eaters and that Lucius had to have killed Harry. If Harry wasn’t dead then Lucius must have put him in some dungeon and tortured him. Her two children back her up as well as Granger. Madam Bones had arrived with the rest of the Aurors before anyone in the Ministry could obey. Since most of the ones who remained behind in the Auror Corps were trainees, they weren’t sure of what to do. They had been having a small debate when Madam Bones and the Aurors arrived.