The Contract 1-7

By: elvirakitties

Igor Karkaroff was watching, he knew something was going to happen. He had been paying a lot of attention to Hogwarts and knew somehow Dumbledore would get Potter into the tournament even if he didn't do it himself. He glanced to Viktor Krum, he already handled that aspect. Now, he needed to speak to Potter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Mr. Potter, may I have a few minutes of your time?"

"What do you want?" Ronald Weasley snarled. "He's not going anywhere with you."

Harry sighed, knowing that Ron was going to start his usual rant about the dark and evil. Hermione seemed to be just as defensive. "Headmaster, is there a problem?"

"No, no, Mr. Potter, I just wish to discuss something important. It won't take much of your time. Your friends can wait here for you." He pointed to a classroom. "We can speak in there."

"Harry, you can't. You know why." Hermione put her hand on Harry's arm.

Harry really wanted to know why his two friends were so bigoted. "I will be in there, you will be out here, if anything happens, you can get Dumbledore."

"Professor Dumbledore, Harry, honestly, after all this-"

"Hermione really?" Harry shook his head and headed for the classroom. "Give us thirty minutes before you panic."

Igor wanted to smirk. Maybe the boy wasn't so trusting of Dumbledore after all. He headed into the classroom. He pulled out his wand and went to cast some privacy spells.

"I already did them, in Parseltongue so no one but me can remove them. It will prevent either of us from speaking about what we going to discuss." Harry sat down in one of the chairs.

"Very good. Now, I am aware of your misfortunes over the last few years, as well as your fame." Igor put his hand up. "I have already had Mr. Krum sign an agreement not to enter into the tournament, because of his fame. I would like to present the same agreement to you. It would prevent anyone from forcing you to enter if someone else adds your name."

"I would want to read it first, as I do believe you are correct."

Igor smirked. "You have been hiding."

Harry grinned. "Of course, I do not trust Dumbledore and haven't since I saw his name on my Hogwarts' letter."

"Good. It's a simple contract." Igor pulled out the contract. "I left no room for loopholes."

Harry began to read the contract.

I, Harry James Potter, do hereby agree to keep myself out of the 1994 – 1995 School year Triward Tournament.

I will not add my name to the Goblet of Fire.
I will not have some else add my name to the Goblet of Fire
I will not work my way around the age restriction line
I will not put myself in any danger by participating in the Triwizard Tournament
I will not use my fame to have myself included in the Triwizard Tournament. My fame can also not be used to force me into participating in any event.
I will not permit any adult into forcing me to enter the Triwizard Tournament. I will not be subjected to coercion.
I will not be forced into attending any and all events relating to the Triwizard Tournament. Any event that occurs during the year, I will attend if, and only if, it doesn't have anything to do with the challenges.
If my name does get drawn, I will use this agreement to remove myself. I will accept that if my name gets withdrawn, I will be classified as an adult by magic, as only legal age students were permitted to enter.
Harry looked up. "You really think someone will enter my name?"

"Yes, I do. Since I am sure they will, I believe your magical guardian will permit you to enter. If, however, you're declared an adult it will also prevent you from being subjected to his care."