𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨

Steve's POV
I had already been up making breakfest n I had been humming "Eddie My Love". Then I heard Eddie walk in, "Hey hot stuff.". I replied, "Hello Eds." while finishing up with the food. He leaned on the counter, "You doing ok..?". I nodded as Eddie hugged me from behind laying his head on my shoulder. I smiled slightly n asked, "I made some eggs n bacon do you want any?". He answered, "Sure." while grabbing a plate. I tried to make small talk, "Sooo how did you sleep last night?". He replied, "I slept good..". I smiled n replied, "That's good.". He nodded n leaned on me slightly as well as grabbing a fork n putting some eggs n bacon on his plate. I didn't really know what to say but I spoke anyways, "Oh yeah um if you want you can stay here for awhile since I don't think the smell of weed n shit is gonna help.". He held his heart lightly being dramatic, "My trailer smells like fucking flowers now thanks to how many fucking candles I set off for you, but I mean I'll stay if your that clingy, sweetheart.". I rolled my eyes, "I'm not clingy.". I then walked out of the room without getting anything to eat. I walked into the living room to notice the news was on which was kind of odd but I didn't pay much attention n instead sat crisscross on the couch watching it. Eddie sat next to me hugging his legs. The news started talking about another murder, "The killing seemed just like the brutal murders that recently occurred,  including the death of Dustin Henderson,  who was apart of the DND club, known as 'hellfire' witnesses to the most recent murder say his eyes went to the back of his head and he began floating, then his bones snapped, then his eyes went into the back of his head. Paramedics say he was dead 5 minutes before they got to the starcourt mall, where the body was found. Maybe Hawkins is truly cursed.". It then started talking about Eddie, "Next up, the story of Hawkins and the strange being hopping from car to car on a highway, and how the mayor is dealing with the major damage". I got up n walked upstairs after it had mentioned Henderson.

Eddie's POV
I was zoned out until the news reportee finished his sentence I got up n turn the tv off. I walked upstairs noticing Harrington was gone. I peeked into his room to see him crying on his bed. I said softly, "Steve..". He jumped up n wiped the tears away quickly n asked, "You need something..?". I walked towards him n then hugged him, "Let it out.. Steve.. Its okay..". He clung to me n put his head on my shoulder n started crying his eyes out. I played with his hair softly n started crying silently. I started comforting him, "Its okay Steve.. We're gonna be ok..". He mumbled, "Why did it have to be him..". He started to cling tighter which I didn't mind. I spoke softly, "I don't know steve.. I don't know..". He nuzzled his face into my shoulder as I sat on the bed to rest my legs n kissed his forehead. I continued to say the best comforting words I had, "It's gonna be okay..". He mumbled, "Is it really..?". I looked at him in slight confusion. He continued, "Is it really gonna be ok..?". He looked up slightly n I paused for a second, "I-.. Steve.. I promise..". I held his face, "It's gonna end up fine.. It always does.". He continued to mumbled, "It always ends up fine cause Henderson knows what to do Eddie.. Its almost always Henderson who finds out what is going on n what do to..". I replied, "No steve.. It's you.. You always know what to do.. When something goes wrong.. No one looks to the kids.. they look at you.. Steve.. He.. looks at you..". He smiled abit n mumbled, "I love you Eddie..". I replied, "I love you too.. Steve..". We smiled at each other n I kissed his forehead.

|| words: 700 ||