𝟙𝟝.

"don't you dare wear that dress tomorrow" Tara yelled at my dress which was literally covering my whole body without showing any skin.

"Vaishu its a evening party and this color is so dull, you literally look like a saint in this. there will be many boys and mainly seniors, we should dress as if we own the party" she said excited about the idea of boys.

"and did you get a escort for yourself" she asked and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"I knew, you know that we should get ourselves a escort. which means we should go there in couples" 

"I'm not taking anyone with me. its not like they will not allow me inside the party right if i come alone right. I will come without an escort" I said with so much pride in me.

"not happening, I actually wanted karthik to escort me but Akash asked me to come, so I agreed" she said making a face.

"you still like karthik. I thought you changed after you found out that he drinks nd smokes" I said getting out of my white loose dress.

"I don't like him that is for sure, but he is so handsome and his muscles are so hard and dreamy" she said imagining him and all I could do is cringe. that's when an idea came to my mind. how about I ask him to come with me.

we both went out and she selected a saree for me with such a deep blouse that I've seen only Bollywood stars wear. And apparently she thinks I will steal the show today, not even in my dreams. I hate attention at all jeez

She paid for my saree and I paid for her saree. she is such a sweetheart. even though she anted to pay for both I declined it. she is just a child yet, she shouldn't be spending for me. she will be having many other things to spend on.

"Akash is gonna fall on his knees if he sees you like that" I said to the blushing Tara.

"if you start shipping us one more time.." she said pointing a finger at me.

"but you both look cute together" i said 

"god, vaishu shut up and get ready" 

"oh by the way, who is your escort" she asked applying her mascara

"its a surprise" I said and she didn't believe it at first. she thinks that I will be coming there myself.

"okay now turn girl" 

i adjusted my saree and turned for her approval. she got up from the dressing table and kneeled before me extending her had.

"marry me please" she did it so cinematic I broke into laughs.

"sorry, I'm straight' 

after a good praising session on my looks and attire she went away as Akash called her. i took a last glance at myself on the mirror and thought if I over did my hair but Tara said it was very well and minimalistic.

I made my way to Karthik who is waiting for me outside the hostel neatly dressed in his two piece black and white tux with his two buttons at the top open which made him look way more hot. he is your brother

"you look breathtaking Vaishali" he said which made me smile.

"you look hot too" I said and he just grinned

we were going to the venue which was in the green fields with dim lighting, it looked so peaceful and calm.

"there is a friend of mine Tara" i said and continued

"she kind of has a crush on you.."

"Vaishali, I don't want to be in any relationships" he said with some hidden pain in his eyes.