𝟛𝟜.

Vaishali's pov

Samaira and I are in the airport to receive sameer. He wanted us both for picking him up and when I said I had work he went on an extra half an hour telling we are changed after coming to India and doesn't care about him.

"You came" he said forwarding his arms for a hug which I successfully ignored.

"Shut up sameer." I said and he loved the irritation on my face.

"Mommy, why should we come to pickup our driver" sweety said and sameer couldn't believe his ears.

"What did you say"

"She's been telling everyone that you are her driver" I said and it was my turn to see his burnt face.

After sameer peppering sweety with kisses and his drama on how he missed us and the overload of work back in the states. He finally Shut his mouth and slept.

"Where were you in India living before you came to states" I asked him. Clearly he was irritated.

"Banglore"

"Oh, I didn't know that totally. So basically we were living at the same place in the past" I said

"Yes"

"Where in banglore"

"God,Vaishali let me sleep" he said and slept with a serious face.

After dropping him at my home along with sweety. I went to meet Arjun, when i said arrange a meeting, I totally said it was professional. But he arranged it in a restaurant as if it was a date. What do I do with him.

"Vaishali, always on time" he said gleaming with happiness as soon as he saw me.

"The reason for this meeting is.."

"Come on, lets eat first then business" he said pushing my chair for me to sit like a gentleman he never was.

"A butter chicken for me and a green salad for the beautiful lady" he said to the waiter. And my brain took a ride back on the memories. How he always loved butter chicken made by karthik's mom and how he always used to bring me green salads.

I looked at him when he said those words and he knows too that I'm affected still.

"So, For whom did you go to the Airport" he asked and I gawked at him. How in the hell did he come to know about this. Is he stalking me.

"I have my ways" he said understanding my face.

"Sameer, remember sweety told you about him" I said and he said okay.

"How is sweety by the way. Did you join her in a school or not" he asked looking genuinely interested in her.

"She is good" I tried keeping my answers limited from now on. I don't want him to think that this is a chance to get back.

"How is the new company going on"

"Good"

"How is banglore, isn't it nice to be back after many years"

"Good"

"How are your parents"

"Good" and then I realized that I answered mechanically. It's been many years since I talked to them, let alone talk I haven't seen them at all.
A familiar expression went through his face too, was it pity?. The last thing I want is that.

After him asking tonnes of questions and me replying everything with good. Finally we came to the main issue.

"You know, about the deal yesterday. My company won't be doing it anymore. I canceled it" I said