𝟚𝟞.

Arjun's pov

I hate myself. I broke her completely, it should give me pleasure but all I feel after confronting her is pain. I uttered senseless words, I slapped a girl, a girl whom I loved. how will I live peacefully after did this to her. she was beyond hurt when I slapped her, she was scared and looked at me as if she saw someone who she dreaded. 

If we met under different circumstances, I would make her the queen of my life. if only Samaira never happened to me. I love Vaishali so much that I hate to accept it. 

But when I found out about the news today, I was hurt that she hid such a important issue from me. she was the auditor for our institution. she was for sure making a lot of money. But she was involved in a fraud, her career will be at stake now. I asked her everything but she lied still.

whom should I believe, the girl I loved who was innocent and carefree or the one people are talking about calling her names like whore, fraud.

I was going to meet Rohit when I heard him scream Karthik's name. suddenly there were people gathered around someone.

"come down, you bitch" I could hear Rohit yelling at someone. I made my way towards him and saw a very bloody Karthik in his arms and then I looked up and saw Vaishali.

I don't know what really happened but by the looks of it I can imagine who did this. Why does it have to be this painful to deal with life. I cant afford to loose another person in my life. 

I called the ambulance and it came within minutes. By this time she too came down looking lifeless. all I have for her right now is hatred enough to burn her down into ashes. She looked scared, she was very frightened and confused. 

Rohit helped the nurses to get Karthik in the ambulance. Karthik opened his eyes but soon closed them. I saw her going towards him and it took everything in me to control myself from choking her to death right now.

"don't even think of it" I warned her having a very tight grip on her hand. I will give the best treatment she ever had but not right now.

"how did this happen" the doctor asked, the ride till the hospital has my heart pounding like never before. we both were getting on good terms and now he is leaving me forever.

"a girl pushe.." 

"he fell from a building" I cut off Rohit and lied. even though its the truth I cant get myself to accept it.

Rohit glared at me and I knew he is controlling his anger too. he just came after months to see this happen. Our life was better when she didn't appear.

Its been ten minutes since they took Karthik in the intensive care. Rohit was walking to and fro with all the tension. We informed Karthik's mother too and she will be here anytime soon.

I saw the corridor hoping it was Aunty but I saw Vaishali. She acted all sad and gloom. what's the need for drama. first you killed his lover and now him.

"where is Karthik, how is he?did doctors inform anything" she started asking questions and if it wasn't the hospital I would yell on top of my lungs.

"get out of here right now" Rohit yelled instead.

"at least tell me what's his condition" she was still talking to me ignoring Rohit. the nerve of her

Rohit came and dragged her away from me with a pressure on her arms. she was wincing from the pain of his grip on her arm. she struggled to remove his hand and was somehow successful in it.

"do you want me to call the police" I said and she stopped moving and looked at me with her tearful eyes. She was hurt but not than me. what she did to us is nothing compared to what I did to her.