𝟚𝟡.

Arjun's pov

"did he wake up" I asked Rohit and Aunty who were waiting outside Karthik's room. After Vaishali left yesterday. I have this very uneasy feeling in me that I can't define.

"he did long ago and the first thing he asked is 'where is Vaishali'. his mother I'm here but he asked for her" Aunty said and I glanced at Rohit who looked irritated by Karthik's words.

"I will go in now" I said and went in only to find Karthik asleep. But he woke up sensing movement in the room.

"Vaishali, is that you?" he asked in his sleepiness.

"no, it's me" 

"Arjun, where is Vaishali, is she fine?" he asked and my heart felt heavy again.

"she went to her home" I said even though it was the truth.

"her home? did her fa..father come" he asked tensed and I suspected something more was there.

"yes her father and brother came, but I didn't see them as I was at home" I lied to see if he will take the bait or not. 

"I shouldn't have scolded her yesterday, I screamed at her and I was drunk. I don't know what else did I do to her" he said and i was surprised.

"you were drunk?" and he nodded. which means Vaishali didn't do this, did Karthik fell by mistake.

"why, what happened" But Rohit answered coming inside the room. he told her how everyone accused her for his state and about the fraud she did along with the scandal with her friend.

"Are you mad? how could you believe such accusations. Tell me you didn't believe them Arjun" Karthik said with some hope. I glanced at Rohit who already asked me to confess everything in front of him.

"why will i believe such rumors. of course i didn't believe them" i lied and Rohit gave me a glare.

"Arjun call her, i have to speak with her" Karthik said with so much desperation in his voice.

"we did, but her phone is out of service from yesterday night" Rohit lied and Karthik tensed more hearing this.

"why did you yell at her yesterday" i asked

"yea, what were you both talking" Rohit also added.

"What, nothing you know..just casually. She was annoying and i yelled at her for no reason" lie

We both know Vaishali told him the whole truth.

"Please don't strain the patient, can you please go out, the visiting hours are over" the nurse came in and declared. All I could wonder right now is even though Vaishali confessed about her real identity why does Karthik still care for her. The most disturbing thing is why hasn't Karthik told us about her. we both acted as if we knew nothing but he is trying to hide her real identity from us.

At Arjun's home two days later

"look at the nerve of this girl, she didn't even show up in the meeting and now all the work is on our institution" Grandpa looked disturbed.

"everyone has their own problems dad, stop thinking that the world is revolving around you" dad said annoyed. it's been the same since two days. grandpa and dad fight over silly things and then blame each other.

but thinking about it. Vaishali didn't make it to the meeting that day because she stayed back at the hospital, why did she not even call anybody after she left.

"Here, she is Nivedita. i arranged a date with her tomorrow" Mom said placing some photos on the table. I expected it would take her very long time moving on the fact that Vaishali is no more in my life but didn't expect it would be only two days.