𝟛𝟚.

Vaishali's pov

"mam the board meeting will be started in an hour" my new assistant reminded me bringing me out of my thoughts. But something has been bugging me since i left arjun's house.

"is something bothering you mam" he asked looking at my puzzled face.

"yes, how are sharma's our company's competitors. they were not into finance industry back then"

"they did own many institutions and hotels but now their main source of income is from their audit firm here in Bangalore. this firm is popular among the others they own because Anil sharma sir himself supervises it." he said and left me reminding to attend the board meeting without failure. This meeting is for all the directors and partners to decide if I'm eligible or not for this post. Even though i will remain as the chairwoman, the directors may take away my powers and decision making.

I hope sameer was here so he could help me, but he still needs time to settle and complete all the issues back there. If I'm not strong enough these directors will roast the hell out of me.

Arjun's pov

"Do i look like a fool to you" dad scoffed as I told him that i will be joining the company in two days.

"I'm serious dad"

"do whatever you want but don't mess with that girl again. if you do anything to her remember she has a daughter too, hope this puts some sense into your mind" dad scolded and went away. what does he think i will do to her. I'm not some psycho or anything.

It's been so long since i talked to him. correction - since he talked to me. Vaishali will need him more than i do. I'm sure he knows that she is here and I'm also sure that he also is ready to warn me and a lecture about how he will kill me if i hurt her again.

I called him and he didn't attend it. obviously i went to his home where he lived happily with his wife and son. I knocked on the door and his wife gave me a unhappy expression as soon as she opened the door.

"how are you doing Shwetha" i asked with a smile.

"what are you doing here, Go away Arjun. you know what Karthik will do if he finds out you are here" the audacity of her to shoo me away. The only reason I don't mind her words is because she used be Vaishali's assistant in the past. I always thought Karthik would marry Tara but his life took a big turn too.

"who is it Shwetha" Karthik asked from inside.

"Arjun please go away, i don't want to see you both fight" she said worrying.

"I came here to only ask for help nothing more than that" i told her to which she still insisted on asking me to leave.

"for god's sake listen to me shwetha. it's important. its about vaishali" and she stopped doing whatever she did until now and put a puzzled expression on.

"she is in India" and she looked happy but disappointed at the same time.

she let me in the house only to see a furious karthik along with his little son. After explaining everything and him asking me to stay away from her for the millionth time he finally agreed to what i asked.

"what are you waiting for, I've said i will do it. so leave now" karthik said with hatred still in his eyes.

I hesitated for a few seconds if i should talk to him about it or not but gave in any away. because he is the only one i feel like sharing. i felt very disheartened when i first knew this, maybe he will understand me now and we can be just like we were in the past.

"she has a daughter now"

Both of them looked shocked hearing my statement but karthik looked more disappointed and looked as if it was hard to believe what he had just heard.