𝟛𝟝.

Arjun's pov

Karthik told me how she silenced all those board of directors in the meeting room that day. But looking at her now I feel so proud.
The once timid and nice Vaishali has changed into a fierce and merciless Vaishali.

"She's coming this way" Karthik said and we left the place and rejoined Shwetha back in the party.

"Since when are you both talking again"Shwetha asked looking surprised. Karthik had always limited his conversations with me but he is talking normally only now.

He looked at me as if there was some reason behind it. As if some work needs to be done and it requires me to be a part of it.

Vaishali came and looked at us as if nothing happened. She was smiling and greeting everyone as if she didn't just make someone humiliated to death.

"Can I have a dance with this beautiful lady here" Ajith came and asked Vaishali. He was a little drunk.

She looked at Karthik and he clearly nodded no, shwetha also nodded no and then at me, for a second I thought she was asking for my approval too and I nodded no. I shouldn't have done that. Because now she is dancing there with that bastard. Because she doesn't want to do what I say.

Karthik and Shwetha were disappointed in her choice. But they let it slide.

I looked at them, Ajith's hand is on her waist and she wasn't concerned at all. Is she laughing there, with him. With every move, the distance between them was vanishing slowly. She can literally feel his breath now.

Okay that's it I thought to myself and went to her.

Vaishali's pov

Oh, the look on his face when I said okay to Ajith. The look on his face when Ajith placed his hand on my waist. The look on his face when we are this close.

Everything is a boost to my ego right now.

"I don't want a punch in my face today Vaishali" Ajith said to which I fake laughed.

"Just put up the act Ajith" I said still smiling. Clearly, Arjun was angry now as he made it to the dance floor to dance with me.

"May I.."

"I need drinks now" I said and left Ajith's hand clearly ignoring Arjun's words and he was standing there humiliated.

I saw Arjun's mother while I was going to get drinks. She was pissed, there's no need to say why. Looking at her son and how everyone was staring at him and me. I feel sorry for them though, I only wanted Arjun to be hurt not them, they've never done anything wrong. But I have stopped putting others before me. So right now all I care is about me and my daughter.

"Hey Vaish" I heard a familiar voice and it was none other than my close friend who was always there for me and never betrayed me in any situation.

"Oh, Akash. What a surprise, I didn't think you would come today" I said

"Why would I not come" he said puzzled.

"I thought you would be busy backstabbing your friends" I said and he gaped at me.

I'm done today, I've seen everything even before the party started. I just want to go home instead of being in this miserable place.

"Sweety let's go home now" I said and picked her up and she obeyed nicely, since she was tired of all the playing. Krishna followed me holding my little finger.

"I'm going home guys" I said to Karthik and Shwetha.

"Why," karthik asked.

"Cause I'm exhausted giving comebacks since I came" I said and he was displeased with my answer.