𝟙𝟠.

"uncle my special coffee" I gave my order in the canteen which he took with a warm smile on his face.

I switched on my mobile only to find twenty missed calls from Shwetha. what happened now that she called early in the morning. that's when I saw the ten messages and found out that one lakh was withdrawn from my account. what's wrong with my account balance. I didn't withdraw his much. are these fake messages. what should I do now, how will I transfer amount to Father now.

who did this, how did they know my password. Akash, he is the one who has my card did he withdraw this amount, but still he doesn't know my password. I dialed him

"Akash where is my card" I asked tensed

"I think its in my room. I'm outside right now"

"bring me my card right now" 

"is everything okay, you sound panicked" he asked concerned

"no, nothing is okay. my account balance is nil. did you take money. just bring my card please" I was tensed right now. this much amount was withdrawn and how did my card allow it asks for otp from my mobile. How will I face Father now. I lost ten lakhs and he will definitely kill me. all this was for my future savings. why would someone do this to me. I'm sure Akash didn't do it. god what is happening with me.

my heart beat is increasing, why do I feel so hard to breathe, I feel upset in my stomach, what's wrong. my throat is dry and I don't know what to do, I feel so dry and thirsty, I need water.

"Vaishali are you alright?"

what, is someone speaking with me, i blinked twice to see his face.

"Karthik?"

I told him every thing and he was confused how would someone withdraw this much amount without my password or the otp. Meanwhile Akash came and told us he couldn't find my card. he said he might have lost it yesterday in that fight.

my phone rang and I excused myself seeing the caller id. he will really kill me now.

"did you see what date today is" Father asked controlling his anger

"I will send you the money within two days. there is some issue with the bank server" I lied and he caught me.

"do you think I will believe your lie. did you forget that we both have accounts in the same bank and why would your account not work when mine does" I could see my pulse beating faster again.

"send the money by night or else consider leaving that college" he said and ended the call.

what should I do now. before coming here I told him that every month I will be transferring two lakhs that is my salary to him. I earn around five lakhs but I lied as two lakhs because I save the rest of the money. and now I lost all my two years savings I did for my future. before I could go back to Karthik my hands started shaking and the phone from my hand fell to the ground. Shwetha called me again

"mam, why did you withdraw that much amount suddenly is everything fine. I called you yesterday but your mobile was switched off" 

"I didn't do it, I lost my card" I said and she realized the depth of the situation.

"do you think someone did this even if they did, how did they know your password" that is the issue here.

"I don't know"

"did you share your password with someone" she asked

"I don't know"

"how did the bank allow to withdraw such a lumpsum amount" she asked