𝟛𝟘.

Vaishali's pov

he was there with me in my hard times, helped me like a father when my own family didn't care if i were alive or not. he gave me this job even after what i made him go through. he played such a huge role in my life and the thought of him no more. i just can't digest this.

"hey are you okay?" sameer said walking in with sweety behind him. he could see the newly formed tears about to come out.

"raj..raj sir died" i said and he sensed the situation. he knew how raj sir was always with me. even though he talked and showed emotion very less he cared deep down in his heart.

"but how this suddenly, i saw you talking to him on phone just a few weeks ago" sameer asked concerned.

"it was an accident they said" i said but the tears were not yet out from my eyes. i promised myself i would never cry again but i want to so badly. 

"that's so unfortunate, are you sure you're okay" he asked confused not understanding my emotion. not even a drop came out of my eyes. have i really become that heartless that i ant shed a single tear for him. have i become the woman i never wished for.

"I have to go to India right now" i said taking all my things and ignoring his question totally.I'll also have to ask the assistant to book my ticket and there's so much i have to do right now.

"vaishali, did you just hear yourself" sameer said watching me do all things.

"what..!" i asked

"you are going to India, the same place that you dreaded to never go again, to the same place where all your past lies, to the same place where you will find your parents and.." 

"stop..don't continue" i know what name he will say next. It doesn't matter who they are to me now. I'm happy without them and strong too.

"they affect me the least now" i said bravely but deep in my heart i know they affect the most than anyone else. Arjun has an effect on me even to this second. all i have ever thought about was him.

"stop lying to me and to yourself" he said in mocking tone.

"mommy will never lie sameer baba..mommy is good" sweety said and i just remembered she was present here all the time listening to my conversation.

"baby do you remember the uncle who sent you toys from India. the wooden dolls that we don't find it here in US" i asked kneeling before her and she nodded in approval.

"and you said you wanted to thank him in person for the present but you were not able to" she nodded again remembering everything she said that day.

"do you want to go see him?" i asked while sameer gave me disapproving looks from behind.

"does that mean we can go to India?" she asked with excitement in her eyes and all i could do was say yes. she wanted to go see India for a long time but i refused fearing we would come across my family or worse her father.

"this is the biggest mistake you will ever make" sameer said. but i made up my mind to go visit him one last time. one last time for doing everything i asked and didn't ask too.

"well..mistakes is what i'm doing all my life" i laughed bitterly

"vaishali i didn't mean it like that,  you should not go to India at any cost. you will end up hurt as always and there's no one for you there to support you. if you're going there then it will be with me or none" he said 

"i'm not settling down there, it will be just a matter of days. and no you are not coming with me. you are looking after the office here in my absence" i declared