Mason Mount | i

hiiii idk if your requests r open so sorry ir they arent :( but id like to request a mason imagine where ur rlly short and so like maybe at a family dinner one of his parents makes a joke abt it n u getting insecure n hi comforts u

━━━━━━━━━━━━━❃━━━━━━━━━━━

"You haven't said a word since we left my parents' house. Are you ok?"

"Yes" I say, looking out the car's window, my gaze lost somewhere.

"That song you despise so much played earlier on the radio and you didn't change the station like you always do."

"I didn't notice."

"You didn't notice because there is something on your mind. You know you can tell me anything, right?" Mason says, moving his hand to my knee and giving it a little squeeze.

"I know. It's just... It's what your uncle said" I say with a big sigh.

"My uncle?"

"Yeah, the hobbit thing when you introduced me to him."

"Oh, that" he says, clenching his jaw, definitely pissed. "He shouldn't have said that. Especially not with that tone."

"I don't think he said it to be mean or anything..."

"But he still hurt you."

"Yes" I whisper.

We stay is silence for a couple of minutes, Mason still tense next to me until he speaks again.

"But you know, being a hobbit isn't something bad."

"Uh?"

"Who are the main characters on "The Lord of The Rings"?"

"The hobbits?" I say, confused about why is he talking about that movie now.

"Who is the one who carries the ring to Mordor?"

"A hobbit."

"And who is the one who destroys it?"

"Gollum."

"Yes, but what was Gollum before he became Gollum? A hobbit. A hobbit who found the ring and somehow kept it safe, not allowing Sauron to rise earlier. Same with Bilbo. It was the hobbits who saved the Middle Earth. They are the heroes."

"I didn't know you were such a nerd, Mason" I laugh.

"There are many things you still don't know about me, love" he says with a smirk, grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles now that we have stopped at a red light. "So next time someone throws the word hobbit at you as an insult, you remind yourself that hobbits are the heroes and the one who save everyone's asses. Not the elves, the wizards or the men. The hobbits."

"Ok" I say, properly laughing this time. "Thank you, Mason."

"For what?" he says, focused on the road again.

"For making me feel better. I love you."

"I love you too, my precious."

"Oh, please. Don't make that a thing."

"What, my precious?" he says, using Gollum's voice.

"That!" I say, laughing.

"I don't know what you mean, my precious."

And that's how we continue for the rest of our trip home, Mason calling me my precious with his Gollum voice, while I can't stop laughing, all my worries after that meeting with his family disappearing.