Kylian Mbappé | ii

Author's note: This is a request by Nil1ous They asked for something either with Rúben Dias or Kylian Mbappé where they were jealous of someone and gave the reader the silent treatment, that leading to an argument.
I chose Mbappé because someone had already asked more imagines from him (hope you get to see this footballandmusic 😁), and I also gave it some kind of "happy ending".
Hope you don't mind and that you like it! 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Home sweet home."

"Yeah" Kylian mutters.

"Wow, careful there! You almost hit me with your bag!"

"Hm" he murmurs, letting himself fall on the sofa and taking out his phone.

"I know you lost a big game and that it sucks, but there is no need to treat the bag like that. Or me" I say, sitting down next to him. "Aren't you gonna say anything?"

"Uh?"

"You almost hit me with the bag. Aren't you gonna say sorry?"

But nothing. He keeps scrolling on his phone, completely ignoring me.

"Whatever" I say, getting up from the sofa and leaving to get changed and take a shower.

20 minutes later, he still is on the sofa, sitting in the same position and scrolling on his phone.

"Is that going to be your plan for the rest of the day? Just sit there doing nothing?" I ask. Again, he ignores me. "It was just a Nations League game, those aren't that important. I know it was against Spain, but..."

Nothing. No answer.

"I'm gonna make us some dinner. Maybe when I'm done you've found your words again" I say, rolling my eyes.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Dinner is ready!" I call from the kitchen. A couple of minutes later, Kylian shows up, his damned phone still in his hand. "Looks like your hearing does work" I say when he sits down to eat. "What about your words?"

Nothing. He just eats, his eyes fixed on his phone.

"Give me that!" I say, taking it from his hands.

"Hey!"

"Oh, he can talk! That's a miracle! Should we call the press?"

"Whatever" he mutters, now focusing on his food.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You've lost many important games before, and you've never behaved like this. You've never treated me like this, as if I didn't exist. What happened?"

But once again, he doesn't say a word. He just gets up, picks a bottle of water, and goes back to eating in silence.

"Ok, fine" I say after counting up to ten to avoid saying something I shouldn't. "If this is how it is going to be, so be it. But you are sleeping in the guest room tonight, I don't want your shitty mood around me."

That, for some reason, makes him chuckle, which is the last straw for me.

"Good night, Kylian" I say, picking my dinner and locking myself in our room. My room tonight.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Hello?"

"Umm?" I murmur, slowly waking up. "What's that smell?"

"Coffee, toasts freshly made, your favourite marmalade, and orange juice."

"Look who remembered he can talk!" I say as I sit up on the bed.

"Yeah... I'm sorry" Kylian says, leaving the tray with my breakfast on the bedside table.

"And he knows the word sorry too!"

"Don't make fun of me."

"You deserve it" I shrug.

"I know I do. I shouldn't have treated you like that last night."

"You mean you shouldn't have given me the silent treatment."

"No, I shouldn't have. But I was just so... Angry."

"It was just a game, Kylian."

"I wasn't angry about the game. Maybe a bit, but that wasn't it."

"Then what was it?" I ask.

"I just... I was jealous, ok?"

"Jealous?" I snort. "Why? Of who?"

"You and Raph."

"Me and... Wait. Varane? Why would you be jealous of us?"

"Because you always seem to get along so well. Always. And he makes you laugh, you share the same hobbies and ideas outside football, you both are hot and intelligent... I don't know, you two just make the perfect couple."

"What?" I laugh. "Kylian, he's married and has two kids!"

"Divorces happen" he shrugs.

"I can't believe it" I laugh again.

"It's not funny, ok? I feel like shit every time he is around."

"But you shouldn't! You are my boyfriend, you are the person I love. Besides, do you see me capable of breaking a marriage?"

"That's not what I meant. I just... I..." he says, nervously playing with his hands.

"Kylian, look at me" I say, lifting his chin with my hand. "I love you. You and no one else. So stop this, ok?"

"I'll try..."

"No, you won't try. You will do it, ok? Say it."

"I will stop being jealous of Raphael."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Good. Then why don't you get here in bed with me and we eat this breakfast together, uh? I don't like cold toasts."

"Ok" he says, finally smiling. "I love you."

"I love you too."