Mason Mount | iv | Christmas Edition 🎄✨

*Female reader/pov

"Thank you so much for taking Lola to this thing. If the little one wasn't sick, you know I would do it myself."

"It's ok, don't worry."

"I know you don't like anything that has to do with football or him."

"I'll survive."

"I promise I'll get you something good for Christmas as a thank you."

"You still haven't bought my present? Monica, Christmas is in two days!"

"That's enough time" she shrugs.

"Auntie!" my niece Lola says, running towards me.

"Hello, gorgeous. Are you ready?" I say, hugging her.

"I am!" she replies, doing a twirl so I can see that she's wearing Chelsea from head to toe. And, of course, she's wearing her Mount shirt.

She's been in love with him since last year, when he visited her school and defended her against some kids who didn't let her play football with them because she was a girl. After that, she took football even more seriously, and now she's playing for a girls team and has made half our family Chelsea fans.

Not me, though. I don't like football, and I can't stand Mason Mount and everything around him. He isn't that handsome, or funny, charming, such a good player... He is overrated. Very, overrated.

"Enjoy, darling" her mum says, giving her a quick hug. "And you, sis, be nice. Who knows, maybe you'll meet him in person and fall in love with him."

"Ha ha" I say, rolling my eyes.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I'm so nervous, auntie!" Lola says. We've been waiting for an hour, Mason talking and taking photos with other kids who, like her, have been selected to meet him through their football academies. And from time to time, I catch him looking at us, always smiling at me. Keep trying, Mount.

"Hello and Merry Christmas!" he says when it finally is our turn.

"Merry Christmas" Lola says.

"Have we met before? That red hair of yours looks so familiar..."

"We have! You went to my school and defended me against some boys who didn't let me play football with them."

"Oh, yes. You had a Spanish name, right?"

"Yes, Lola!" she says, a big smile on her face. I guess that if my idol remembered me, I would also smile like that.

"And who is this?" he asks her, looking at me.

"That's my auntie. She doesn't like you, that's why she looks angry."

"Let me guess... Arsenal fan?"

"I'm an I don't like football fan" I say.

"But I am going to change her mind" Lola says.

"I'll help you" Mason winks. "So, should we take some photos? Your auntie is invited."

"I think I'll pass" I say with a fake smile.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"And this is where we get changed" Mason says when we walk into the changing room. After the introductions and taking some photos, he's now being our Cobham's tour guide.

"What do you guys think?" he asks Lola and I while the others take some photos.

"It's just a changing room" I shrug. "Though I was expecting to see some of your clothes, confirm if they are as ugly on person as on photos."