Frenkie de Jong | i

Author's note: This is a request by pwploq They wanted something sad, but I had no idea what to write. I told a friend about it, and she joked about last season when Manchester United kicked Barça out of the Europa League, so I used that as my inspiration. Is it sad? I don't know, tbh 😅 Also, no idea if he played that much and was one of the best. I don't watch Barça's games or keep up with them.
Hope you like it and thank you for reading! 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Frenkie, lunch is... What are you doing still in bed? And what are you listening to?" I say when I walk into our room.

"Break up songs."

"Why? Are you going to break up with me?"

"What? No, no. It isn't that."

"Then?"

"I'm sad and this helps" he shrugs.

"Ok... Why are you sad?"

"Why? Do you really have to ask why?"

"Yeah."

"This season sucks! I suck!"

"You don't suck, Frenkie" I chuckle.

"Yes, I do! The whole team does!"

"You won 5-0 this weekend. That isn't something a team that sucks do" I say, moving to sit on the bed next to him.

"But what did we do on Wednesday? Lose 0-4 against Real Madrid and at home, which meant goodbye to the Copa del Rey."

"Yeah... That was unexpected."

"It wasn't. We suck. Or have you forgotten what happened in Europe?"

"You..."

"We got kicked out twice. Twice!"

"Second time was against a big team like Manchester United, it can happen."

"But we are freaking Barcelona! We should be able to win or at least put up a fight against other big European teams and don't look like fools!"

"You didn't look like fools, Frenkie. It was so tight anyone could have won."

"But who won? Them" he says, covering his head with the duvet. "I should have signed for them."

"What?" I laugh.

"With them I would have won something already. And since Casemiro is constantly out because of red cards, I would be playing a lot."

"You also are playing a lot here. You are always named amongst the best of the team."

"Yet look at us. We aren't winning a thing" he scoffs.

"You are going to win La Liga."

"Or not."

"Frenkie..."

"Or not!" he says, uncovering his head and sitting up. "Yes, Real Madrid are losing points, but look at what they did the other day! At what they do in the Champions League! They could suddenly change and win all the games from here to the end of the season!"

"I doubt it" I chuckle.

"But they can!"

"And the world can end tomorrow for all we know!"

"It actually can, yes. And it will find me here, feeling sorry about myself" he says, laying down again.

"Frenkie..." I sigh.

"Hello from the outsideeeee... At least I can say that I've trieeeeeed" he sings.

"Ok, I've had enough" I say, grabbing his phone from the bedside table and turning off the music.

"Hey! I was singing!"

"And destroying my ears in the process."

"Sorry."

"That's what you are gonna stop being, yes. Sorry for yourself."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. Because my boyfriend isn't a quitter. If he was, I wouldn't be here."

"What?" Frenkie says.

"How many times did I say no to going out on a date with you?"

"13."

"Wait, so many?" I laugh.

"Yeah. A bit creepy on my side to keep insisting, but" he shrugs.

"A bit, yes. But you never gave up."

"Because I love you."

"And do you know what else you love? Football. That's why you aren't going to give up, and are gonna keep playing, showing how good you are and winning La Liga at the end of the season."

"But..."

"No, no buts. You are gonna get out of that bed, take a shower while I change the sheets, and then we are gonna have lunch together. No more crying or destroying Adele's songs."

"It wasn't that bad..."

"It was worse" I chuckle. "And tomorrow, you are gonna go train and kick some asses, which is what you will do in the next game, and the next, and then the next after that one. Understood?"

"But what if..."

"Nope. The Frenkie I know and love doesn't give up."

"Maybe that Frenkie is gone..."

"Then maybe I'll have to leave him and find myself a new boyfriend. Is Pedri single?"

"You only like blondes" he laughs.

"Maybe I'm done with them" I shrug.

"Ok, fine. I'll stop feeling sorry for myself. There still is a title to win, games to play."

"Exactly" I smile. "Now get out of that bed and go shower. Chop, chop."

"I'm doing it, I'm doing it" he says, slowly leaving the bed.

"Good boy" I smile again. "But can't believe that what made you change your mind was me saying that I was going to leave you for Pedri" I tease him.

"That wasn't it."

"Sure..."

"It wasn't" he says, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me against him. "You would never change a blonde for a brunette."

"Well..."

"Never" he repeats.

"Nah, you are right. I like my blonde way too much."

"Even if he sometimes does lame things like feeling sorry for himself while listening to Adele?"

"Even so" I laugh.

"I love you."

"I love you too. And once you've showered, I will love you even more."

"Ok, message received. I stink."

"A bit, yes" I giggle.

"Thank you for everything. You are the best."

"I know. And now go shower!" I say, pushing him away from me.

"Ok, ok. No need to get violent" he says, sticking out his tongue and laughing his ass off when he dodges the pillow I've thrown at him.