Declan Rice | ii

Maybe to add to my request please may you do part 2 where dec has a nightmare then has a really bad panic attack and then passes out and yeah sorry I really like this kind of narrative

Author's note: I changed the nightmare for something else, but it gave me an idea for another imagine, something on the cute side. Hope you don't mind 😉

━━━━━━━━━━━━━❃━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm gonna put this away on the kitchen."

"Thank you, Mason" I say, following Declan into the living room. He hasn't said a word since we left the stadium, and it is driving me crazy.

"Fucking morons" he finally says, throwing his phone on the couch.

"What is it? What happened?"

"Twitter."

"Declan, you were on twitter? Why?"

"Because I'm a moron myself, that's why. That, and a failure."

"You are not a failure."

"Am I not? Did you see me playing today?"

"I did, yes. It wasn't your best game, but..."

"But nothing. It was a complete disaster. I failed on everything I did, and we lost because of one of my mistakes, which means that now we'll probably won't be in Europe next season, and..."

"Dec, relax. It's ok."

"No, it's not. I'm the captain. I can't..." he says, taking a deep breath. "I... can't..."

"Dec? What is going on?"

"I... My heart... I..."

"Breath, Dec. I think you are having a panic attack, so focus on your breathing" I say, taking a step closer to him. "It's ok, you'll be ok."

"I can't. I..."

"Listen to me, do as I do. Inhale... Exhale..."

He tries to follow my breathing, but he is struggling a lot, his face looking paler than it usually is.

"You can do it Dec, I'm here with you" I say, moving to now stand in front of him. "Inhale..." But the moment that last word leaves my mouth, his eyes close and he starts falling. I try to hold him, but he is too heavy.

"Mason! Mason, please help me!"

"What the..." he says, running towards where we are and helping me not getting crushed by Declan's weight. "What happened?"

"He was having a panic attack and he fainted."

"Put his feet up" Mason says after we've laid Declan down on the sofa. "Higher than that. Let the blood flow."

After a few seconds that feel like hours, he finally starts opening his eyes.

"Thank God" I say, letting out a big sigh of relief.

"What... Where am I?" Declan asks.

"On the sofa. You fainted and scared the hell out of us, bro" Mason says.

"I..."

"I'll go get you some water, ok?"

"Bring me another glass" I say, sitting next to him. "How are you feeling?"

"Hot. And a bit dizzy."

"That's normal. You'll start feeling better in a bit."

"I'm sorry."

"About what?"

"Scaring you like this. It... It's all my fault."

"It isn't your fault, Dec" I say, holding his hand. "This happens to a lot of people."

"I know, but..."

"Here is your water" Mason says, walking back into the room.

"Thank you" I say. "Can you drink on your own?"

"Yes, I can" he says, getting up. "Ok, maybe I can't, you both started moving like crazy."

"You need to do something about this, bro" Mason says while I help Declan drink some water. "You had never fainted before. Imagine that we weren't here and you hit your head with the table or something."

"You've had these attacks before?"

"When I was younger it used to happen from time to time" he says, laying down again.

"You should have told me. As your partner, this is something I should know."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"But Mason is right. You should talk with Moyes, ask him if the doctors know about a therapist or someone who could help you."

"There is no need for that" Declan says, closing his eyes.

"Yes, there is. Talking with someone will definitely help you. Even if it's just to tell you what to do when you are having an attack. Or us."

"Bro, if you don't want to scare us like this again, you have to go see someone."

"And who knows, maybe by doing this, you are helping your teammates" I say. "They may also be going through the same but are afraid to say something, and seeing their captain ask for help may help them do the same."

"We aren't machines, Dec. We need to take care of our body, but also our mind."

"You two..." Declan says, looking from me to Mason. "Ok, fine. Tomorrow after training I'll talk with Moyes."

"You won't regret it. Trust me" I say, kissing his cheek.