Rúben Dias | v

Author's note: A few days ago natsvsc asked me for more Rúben and I told them that with him I get randomly inspired, and that's what happened here after seeing him at Bernardo's wedding 😁
A little summary would be that you are together at the wedding, and since Rúben and alcohol aren't the best of friends, he ends up saying something that he should't have 👀
Hope you like it and thank you for reading! 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

*Female reader/pov

"Are you sure you can't see anything?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"And from this angle?"

"Nothing."

"And if I do this? Rúben... Rúben!"

"You can't see anything, I already told you" he sighs.

"You aren't even looking at me!"

"Yes, I am."

"I can see you through the mirror's reflection, and you are looking at your phone."

"Because we are gonna be late, that's why."

"Then tell me if you can see anything!"

"You can't see anything from any angle" he says, getting up from the bed. "And besides, it's not like people will be looking at you."

"Oh wow, thank you" I reply.

"They won't because their eyes will be on Bernardo and Ines. It's their wedding, remember?" he chuckles.

"I know. But they will still look at me. I am attending with you by my side, and you are wearing a suit. It's impossible to not look."

"And that's why no one will be paying you much attention or analyzing every detail on your outfit. They'll be too busy looking at me" Rúben smirks.

"Idiot" I say, rolling my eyes. "Though you are probably right."

"I am. And I also am right when I tell you that you can't see anything, and that you look beautiful. You always do, don't get me wrong. But lately a lot more. And I love the reason why" he smiles.

"I wish I felt as beautiful as you think I look, tho" I sigh.

"I don't think you look beautiful. I know it, it's a fact. And if we don't leave now, us being late to the ceremony will also be a fact."

"Fine" I say, taking the hand he is offering me and looking at myself in the mirror one last time. You can't see anything.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Kiss, kiss, kiss!" everyone chants, Bernardo and Ines kissing for the millionth time.

"They are gonna end up fed up with each other if you keep asking them to kiss" I laugh.

"Them? Maybe. But I will never get tired of kissing you" Rúben says with a cheeky smile.

"Never?" I ask, arching an eyebrow.

"Never" he says before kissing me.

"Eww, you taste like champagne. How many glasses have you had already?"

"I don't know" he shrugs.

"Rúben, you and alcohol aren't a good combination."

"I'm fine. This is just champagne."

"Let that be your last glass, please" I say as he pours himself another one. "I want to be able to dance with you later."

"It will, I promise" he smiles before drinking half of it in one go.