Ben Chilwell Imagine | ii | Christmas Edition 🎄✨

"Opening on Christmas day... What an idiot" I scoff, checking my phone for the millionth time in the last... ten minutes?

My boss had had the amazing idea to open on Christmas day, saying that since all the other coffee shops would be closed, we will get all the costumers. But we've been open for almost two hours, and no one has come in. No one.

I've cleaned everything, double checked that we aren't low on anything, and even made myself a coffee, which probably isn't ideal when you keep in mind that I've been working here for barely three months. But that also is the reason why I'm the stupid one who is working on Christmas day, and not any of my co-workers. Because I'm new.

"Are you open?" someone says from the door, making me jump, my phone slipping from my hands and hitting the floor.

"For fucks sake."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's ok, I'm fine. My phone, not so much" I say, picking it from the floor. The screen has crashed, and it doesn't turn on. Great. There goes all the money I have saved.

"I'm so sorry" he says again. "It's all my fault."

"Nah, don't worry. What can I get you?" I say, looking up to see who is talking to me.

"The blackest coffee ever would be wonderful" he says with a smile. And it is the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. His whole face is the most beautiful face I've ever seen, to be honest. And one that looks very familiar.

"Coffee."

"Yes, coffee. That's what you serve here, right?" he chuckles.

"Yes, sorry. It's just that you are the first costumer we've had today."

"Opening on Christmas morning is a bit weird."

"Yeah, well. My boss thought it was the best idea ever" I say while I get his order ready.

"You've saved my life, so I will forever be on your debt."

"Long night?"

"And early morning" he smiles. "I'm kind of late for work, and I've only had time to put some clothes on before running out the door. I didn't even brush my hair."

"Thank God for beanies" I say. I think I've never seen anyone look this good wearing one. Though he would probably look good with anything.

"Thank God for them, yes" he laughs. "Can I get something to eat too?"

"Can I be brutally honest?"

"Go ahead."

"If you care about your stomach, don't buy anything here. It's all from yesterday, I just warmed it a bit."

"You love working here, don't you?"

"With my whole heart" I say, making both of us laugh. "But my mum made like the biggest carrot cake ever last night, so if you want a bite..."

"She probably made it for you."

"Yes, for me and the whole neighborhood. Wait here" I say, walking into the shop's kitchen and coming back with the cake.

"You weren't joking" he laughs.

"I was not. Here you go, let me know what you think."

"Oh my God!"

"Good, uh?"

"Best thing I've ever had" he says, eating it in just two bites.

"Do you want some more? Maybe to go?"

"I don't know if it'll make it to the car" he chuckles, getting out his wallet.

"Wait, this is more than the double of what that coffee costs" I say when he gives me the money.

"It's your tip. You deserve it for the coffee, the cake, and the chat" he winks.

"Ok" I say, feeling my cheeks get warm. "Thank you."

"Merry Christmas and good morning!" my boss says, walking in and ruining the moment.

"Merry Christmas. And thank you" my beautiful man says with one of his smiles.

"Merry Christmas" I say, watching him leave.

"Was that... Was that Ben Chilwell?"

"Who?"

"The football player! That was him, wasn't it?"

"Maybe?" I say. He did look familiar since the moment he walked in. "Let me google him."

"I don't think that'll be possible" my boss says when he sees the state of my phone.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Someone just left this for you" my boss says when I walk in the next day.

"For me?"

"Yep" he says, handing me a package. "Have you given anyone this address?"

"No..." I say, inspecting the box.

"Well, now it's time to work. You can open it later."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Holy shit" I say when I finally make it back home and open the package. Inside it there is a brand new phone and a letter.

Hello, carrot cake 😜

Hope the rest of your day got a bit more interesting after I left. Since your phone died because of me, Father Christmas left this at my place for you. And because I have the feeling your boss recognized me when he walked in, I also added a little something else. You don't have to come if you don't want to, but I would like to see you again. And not only because I'm still dreaming about your mum's carrot cake. My phone number already is on your contact list, text me and let me know.

Merry Christmas, Chilly.

"Holy shit" I say again. I met Ben Chilwell. The Ben Chilwell, Chelsea and England player. And he just bought me a new phone, and got me tickets for his next game because he wants to see me again. Me! Best Christmas ever? Best Christmas ever.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━