Nayef Aguerd | i

Author's note: This is a request from crzhll  They just wanted something as romantic as I could, but that isn't my forte because I am not the most romantic person out there, so we'll see if I managed it 😅 I got inspired by Kevin Trapp and what he usually does for his fiancée when she visits him in Germany. Flowers, candles... those things 😁

Hope you like it and thank you for reading! 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Are you coming to pick me up from the airport?"

"I wish I could" Nayef sighs. "But I have training until late today."

"Oh, that sucks. After being away for two weeks, I really wanted your face to be the first thing I saw."

"You are seeing me right now" he chuckles.

"I meant in person" I say, sticking out my tongue. "Anyway, I have to hang up, my flight is leaving soon. See you tonight for dinner?"

"See you tonight" he smiles.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Nayef?" I say, not believing my eyes.

"Hello" he replies with a big smile, a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"What... What are you doing here? I thought you had training, that you couldn't come to pick me up!"

"That was a little lie. I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, you actually have" I laugh.

"Can I get a hug? Maybe a kiss?"

"You can get both" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Wait, don't call the lift yet."

"Why?" I ask.

"I need to make sure everything is ready upstairs for your next surprise" he says, typing on his phone.

"There is more?"

"Yep."

"While we wait, can I get any clue about what this surprise is?"

"Nope."

"Oh, c'mon" I pout.

"That face won't work today" Nayef chuckles. "And everything is ready. Let's go."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Now what?" I ask when we make it to our flat's door.

"Open it" he says, giving me the key.

"Promise that I'm not going to get scared or anything like that?"

"It's a nice surprise, don't worry" he laughs.

"It better" I reply, threatening him with the key and making him laugh again. "Nayef!" I gasp when I open the door. The corridor of our flat is lit by candles, a little path made with red rose petals leading us inside.

"Let your second surprise begin" he says while hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek. "Follow the roses and try not to knock out a candle."

"I'm not that clumsy" I say, hitting his arm before starting to walk.

The little path leads me to the bathroom, a few photos from our last holiday in Paris stuck on the door.

"Remember how much we enjoyed the hotel we stayed in?" Nayef asks me.