Cloaks and Ruckus

Virdjana's POV

A shout from a student who ran in the hallway past me made my face scrunch in annoyance.

"Showtime day!"

Nothing could annoy me more than loud unnecessary sounds, and words.

"A yellow badge. What's a sophomore student doing in the Senior Department?" I asked myself.

Students in this academy are easily identified through the badges we wear on one of our collars. Green ones are for freshmen,  yellow is for sophomores, red is for Juniors and blue is for Seniors. There is special kind of badges that can be worn when you have other titles too.

"White badges coming through! Someone's unconscious behind building 623!"

I leaned flatly on the sides of a wall when students came rushing carrying medical magical items, along with a wheeled bed.

Other badges can be worn on the other side of the collar, or in the middle of the uniform like a brooch. I believe there is also seniority and respect that comes along with the amount of badges a student wears.

"Hurry! Ten minutes before Showtime Day!" Scurried more brats with their green little pins.

"Perhaps this event is really important." said Reggie from within the pendant.

"Maybe. I'm a little curious." I responded as I make my way to the classroom.

It was getting crowded, mostly because of the lowerclassmen outside each Senior rooms coming to watch the event.

"Looks like there's a lot of people. Oh no, next time then." I smirked to myself, turning around when I bumped into a wall.

"Hey. Can't squeeze in?" It was Dheeran Arcedes and his friendly smile.

"I'm kicking these kids out of here. They're not allowed in this building." Said Kadaski Nueva, teeth gritting, and arms above his head.

"Come on Aski, they're just as excited as we are. Don't you remember how we tried sneaking into the classrooms itself last school year?" stated Dheeran with a guilty expression.

"That wasn't sneaking, it's using our V.I.P status as Enchanted Elites. And that plan worked by the way." Kadaski remarked proudly.

"Aski, how long are you going to ignore Virdjana? Greet her a good morning like this: Good Morning!" Dheeran's voice echoed across the hall causing heads to turn around.

"Oh no." Kadaski's proud expression became a worried one.

"Seniors!! Get their badges!!" screamed one, the news quickly spread and we found ourselves surrounded by younger students with their active abilities and elements.

"What's going on?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight of combined hostility, excitement, and fluctuations of aura around us.

"Care to explain, before I start hurting these things." I spoke in irritation. 

"You don't need to know. You only came here to run away from your pursuers." Kadaski retorted albeit in a whisper.

"One thing however, if they managed to take your badge you're getting kicked out from S Class, possibly the school too." then he smirked.

I guess he still honors his promise to Master Shin, or rather he is scared of him so he chose to speak in a small voice.

"What yah guys talking about?" Grinned Dheeran.

"Nothing serious, just whoever knocks the most lowerclassmen gets free cupcakes from the loser." Kadaski answered, contradictory to the shaking of his head.