A Guest of Honor

Dheeran's POV

It's a Sunday. That means I can use my privilege as an Enchanted Elite to go home.

Students of this academy, Enchants, stay in their dormitories beginning from age 6 until their Master's. The purpose of this strict method of teaching is to keep students focused on their training, and deciding on future careers that will benefit them and the city.

However, there are times when we are allowed to leave the academy grounds. For example, Enchanted Elites may leave school for missions while a normal student may file leaves during emergencies, or when there are school events held outside, but other personal reasons are not valid.

"Dee, you done there? I swear, what's keeping you?" complained Kadaski from the hallway.

"My ticket dumbass." I chuckled, swiping off the piece of paper from my shelf, before pulling my hat off the rack and wearing it.

When I'm going home, it meant that Kadaski and I are going home – the Arcedes Household.

"Glad you didn't forget it like last time." He jokingly nudges my side.

"That was you, Aski. You forgot." I retorted with a deadpanning expression.

"Ah! You're right. Damn." A shade of embarrassment appeared on his face.

We went to the front gates of the academy where a couple of Enchants were also waiting for it to open. Leaving the dormitories is a privilege so it was no wonder some students are outside to check out what's going on.

"Hey, have you seen Phantom around? Do you think she'd take this opportunity to escape the school?" Aski asked with contempt.

Here he goes again asking things and complaining about Virdjana.

"Master Shin is keeping a close eye on her ever since...you know." I lowered my voice, and casually pulls Aski with a shoulder grab.

"Oh, right. Confidentiality. I guess we can talk about it once we arrived in the mansion." My best friend remarked before slipping from my grasp.

"JP! This is a surprise. Where are you going mate?" Aski gave the Water Enchant a fist bump.

"Oh, mother." JP's smile looked reserved.

"I see! You'll be travelling for more than 5 hours. That's a pain bro. Tell Auntie, I said Hi." grinned Kadaski.

"I will. Morning Dheeran." JP gave me a brighter smile than what he gave Aski.

I nodded in acknowledgement.

Jordan and I are not particularly close. I'm from class S, and he's from class A. He is what I consider a friend of a friend.

After talking to JP for more than 10 minutes, Kadaski finally walked back to me without losing his grin.

"JP's visiting his mother and was gonna spend time with her the whole day. Man, that sounds fun. I wonder if Aunt Suxie would let me share bedrooms with you like old times." Aski mumbled.

Suxie huh? Mother and I already grew apart through the years. I wonder if she still wears the same soulless eyes ever since I left the mansion.

"Dee. Dheeran? I said our cab is here. Were you thinking about the mission about... you know who again?" Kadaski sounded upset, but quickly brushed it off when the driver began calling us two.

Or so I thought.

"Alright. Seatbelts in, lock the runes. I have to make sure you won't be in danger." Kadaski stated.

An annoying pocket of void became forming in my stomach. "No need to be protective Aski." I joked.

"Let me be, it keeps me from ease when we're heading home, " he pouted before continuing, "Dheeran. Why did you space out earlier?" He finally asked.