Retrieval Mission

3rd Person's POV

Arcamy guards opened the back gate of Arcacia academy that was an intended path for secret missions, in which the escort car Virdjana Phantom Assassin, Kadaski Nueva and Drago Arcedes are riding passed through.

They do have someone to drive for them but that was only until the opening pathway before reaching Cleopardia, from there they have to walk towards the forest of illusions.

Habang nasa loob ng kotse ay nagpatuloy ang pag-u-usap-usap ng tatlong magkakaklase.

"Have any of you ever been to Cleopardia?" asked Virdjana, she was curious about this so-called forest of illusions after all.

In fact, she was already predicting that it would be a forest that plays with the mind of anyone who enters it, Virdjana just wanted to confirm if she was right.

"I'll answer your question, but first do not laugh at whatever I would say," began Kadaski Nueva, as he folds his arms in front of his chest, "I technically did not, but when I was on an emergency mission to save Drago from a nymph that kidnapped him on a particular night, we passed by Cleopardia. It was eerie as hell."

Drago and Virdjana felt a bit of uneasiness when the kidnapping of Drago was mentioned, and even though both were surprisingly able to hide their true expressions, both felt pretty nervous.

"Drago was kidnapped?" asked Virdjana as she pretends to have no idea about it.

"Totoo iyon Virdjana, hindi naman iyon kailangang i-anunsyo sa buong paaralan kaya ang may alam lang ay si Kadaski at ikaw." sagot ni Drago habang nakangiti.

Virdjana immediately gave Drago a what-the-fuck-look because he literally just stated that the wind enchant does know about the kidnapping that occurred.

Fortunately, Kadaski was a little slow on the uptake so Virdjana was able to distract him with the next question.

"What's a nymph?" asked Virdjana as she tilts her head to the right.

"Oh right. Home-schooled ka nga pala kaya hindi mo alam ang mga kuwento-kuwento sa Arcacia Academy." komento ni Drago na may patango-tango pang nalalaman. "According to an epic, nymphs are enchanting beautiful creatures that comes out from their trees during the full moon. They are impatient beings that does not like getting disturbed, and in fact they kill too."

'Isn't that the very same thing you blabbed about that night on the garden? You nymph fanatic.' thought Kadaski as he judges his best friend dramatically on the corner.

Drago felt the staring and meaningful look that his black-haired best friend was giving him, so he immediately squinted his eyes at Kadaski as if telling the lad not to tell Virdjana anything about his love of nymphs.

"Kuha ko na. Does the nymph that kidnapped you exactly did what was written on their lore?" asked Virdjana as she felt the urge to tease Drago, knowing that he did mistaken her as a nymph in the past.

"Yes." mabilis na sagot ni Kadaski.

Sa kabilang banda naman ay natahimik si Drago, dalawa ang rason nito, una ay katotohanang sinubukan nga silang patayin ni Virdjana ng gabing iyon, at ikalawa ay dahil tandang-tanda nito kung paano siya umakto sa harapan ng nymph na si Virdjana pala.

Namula ang buong pagmumukha ng binatang Arcedes dahil sa naradamang hiya.

Virdjana did not stop the teasing there and proceeded to pretend that the subject of nymphs really interested her.

"Tell me, is this nymph attractive?" continued Virdjana while moving her hand in a rotating gesture to urge Kadaski and Drago to continue answering her questions.

"Hmm, hindi ko gaanong nakita iyong mukha niya kasi umatake na ito nang liningon ko, so I can't say. On the other hand, mukhang natitigan pa ito ni Drago." sagot ni Kadaski sa naboboring na tono.

Virdjana raised a brow at Drago, and so does Kadaski as they both wait for the boy's response. A few seconds have passed before the young Arcedes answered with a nod.

"I knew it! Hah!" laughed Kadaski.

'Goddammit.' complained Drago in his head.

'He thinks I'm attractive huh?' was the female's reaction before smirking.

'Don't get any fancy idea Vivi.' Reggie's voice suddenly chimed in the Eumythymn Hunter's head.

'You should be the one to not get any fancy idea Reggie!' sneered Virdjana internally as both continues to argue mentally.

Twenty-five minutes had approximately passed and the tension between the three finally returned. Virdjana remained shackled with Kadaski's mid-tier shackling spell, and Drago was left to analyze how could Ryoline be the plausible suspect of thievery.