Bandages

Kadaski' POV

It took me no less than a minute to notice that we are under this huge dark umbrella. It's inner circle appears like a void with no definite bottom. From that void rains down endless spikes that continued to keep the enemies from pushing forward.

"What in the world?"

My eyebrows met when I saw who was the caster of the spell. It has to be Zeky.  For her to have a seemingly infinite amount of mana gives me an uncomfortable tingle in my stomach.

I'm not going to worry about it. I know who she is, and it means that we are somehow safe under the canopy of her magic.

"He's alive, just unconscious," Phantom stated after checking Dheeran's pulse.

"Good, that's good." I sat on the grass, dripping wet, and exhausted.

"We can't stay here for long." Phantom said while touching her necklace.

"Give me a moment to catch my breath." I responded while panting.

I didn't know that swimming up the surface while carrying two bodies can be such a challenge to my stamina.

Small explosions and screams can be heard a few meters away from the pond. Although miniature, I can see people fighting in front of us. Perhaps, I could take a look on what's going on. I stood up, but I quickly changed my mind and sat down again.

I can't leave Dheeran with Phantom. I don't trust her! I knew I tried leaving him with her earlier, but that was all panic talking.

"Do you need to poop or what?" Phantom asked.

"No, I'm not. Quit it with your remarks." I sighed and glanced at White Cat.

"If I die out of blood loss, you can bring my body to the authorities and claim my bounty." Phantom said while plucking grass.

I can't believe how random this person can be. I am planning to take her to the authorities, but not dead! Plus, I have to find a way to surrender her without Master Shin knowing. Why is he even protecting this criminal?

"Let me see that." I said referring to her dislocated arm.

"Now, you're being a good Samaritan?" Phantom scoffed, but still inched closer so I can check her injury.

"This needs immediate medical attention, if Professor Edric is here, he could heal your injury." I muttered.

"That asshole? No thanks." chuckled Phantom.

"The asshole you're talking about have the power of Flame Regeneration. He's also one of the academy's Head nurse. He's only a part time teacher here." I told her while fixing the plank-cast she hurriedly made.

"Why so quiet?" I asked as I redo the knot of the cast.

"You bandage better than Arcedes." she commented.

I fell silent, "I bandage better than the both of you."

Phantom blinked twice, a smirk curved on her face. Out of nowhere she grabbed my hand holding the bloody linen.

"I bet you do since you're best friend is accident prone." she said while pointing at Dheeran.

What is going on? If she's trying to get me angry then it's working.
I tightened the knot quickly, and inched away from her.

"Ha! You should have seen your face!" Grinned White Cat.

"I'll burn that smile off your face." I warned.

"No one's smiling Nueva." she responded, dropping the grin on her face.

A few minutes later, the darkness disappeared and the fighting stopped. Phantom and I looked at one another, and silently we picked up Dheeran and headed to the direction of President Zeky.