The Best Duo Ever

Kadaski's POV

During the afternoon, the three of us attended all our classes. As the hours ticked to an end, I grabbed my bag to make sure that Drago would not try to escape my sight. "Where is he now?" 

"Aski." He called from my right, bag ready, and all. "Let's talk." 

"That's my line!" I grumbled as soon as he started walking out of our classroom. 

We made it to Laurica Fountain. He sat down on the bench, while I remained standing. I just can't help but to be agitated when he decides to talk to me seriously. 

"Aski. Why are you trying to help Virdjana? Your attitude towards her has always been hostile, but after our recent mission you seemed to be seeing her differently now." a pause, "Aski, are you in love with Vir-"

"Gross. Gross! Don't you dare finish those words or I will punch you." If he ever completed that sentence, I'd be sending him flying back to the dormitories. 

"Then if not. What is the reason?" Drago slowly turned his head from the fountain to me, his expression shows that he is willing to hear me out. I have to choose my words carefully.

"Stop pressuring me. You have intense stares. Jeez." I ruffled my hair, and made my way beside him. "Look, I didn't change my mind when it comes to the fact that she is a bad influence to you. I just realized that I haven't really given her a chance to be herself in this academy. "

I clenched my fists together, leaning forward, and my eyes staring on a single pale flower at the base of the fountain. "Everytime I see her, my brain automatically translates to the fact that she's a thief, the Silent Thief of Arcacia City. I heard from the local guards that she's a pain in the ass, a menace to the nobles, and she even made the Princess of a kingdom that visited cry."

"That was a lot to take in." Drago blinked twice. 

"That's why when I witnessed Master Shin recruiting her as a student, I couldn't help it." I sighed, and threw my body backwards. 

"Your sense of justice." a small smile finally cracked on my best friend's lips.

"I didn't see beyond the titles the society gave her. Every single time I would encounter her I feel this rage, the urge to kick her out. I tell myself that Phantom doesn't belong here." For some reason, there was a tightness to my chest, am I feeling guilt?

"Criminals should be in prison." Drago commented.

"She is just as talented, and skilled as we are. Phantom deserves a place in this school." I retorted.

Drago stood up and made his way around the fountain, he lit his blue fire and created small fireworks here and there. "I already acknowledged her strength a long time ago. Back at the Burial Forest, I watched her defeat a serpent ten times the size of Naga. I watched her pull gigantic trees using a tornado she manifested without creating a magic circle or speak any words. If anything, she deserves the Enchanted Elite spot as much as we do."

"She didn't steal the Chronicle Book." I uttered in frustration.

"She was about to. Attempted Theft, is theft." Drago insisted.

How stubborn. Still, I know why he's being stubborn, it is because Virdjana is her other mission. He won't stop until he completes it. Wait, is that his mission?!

"Don't tell me... your mission is to observe Phantom because you know he'd be stealing the Chronicle Book?!" I was so shocked. I should not have underestimated Drago's intel gathering skill.

"What? No." Drago sways his head from side to side. "I thought you're getting somewhere, but I see no reason to stop trying to make her surrender. Believe me, this is me being patient."