Safeguarding Operation

Virdjana's POV

"Attention! Ito ang mga dapat isaisip sa araw ng Chronicle Play!" sabi ni ma'am sabay pindot sa touch screen monitor, dahilan para magkaroon ng katahimikan sa loob ng kuwarto.

Ang unang slide ay may pamagat na Historia na hula ko ay tatalakay sa pinagmulan o kung paano nabuo ang Chronicle Book.

'This should be entertaining or else.'

"Alright Enchanted Elites of Arcacia Academy, most of you already knew the basic things information about the Chronicle Book, including what to do before, during and after the event, but I would give a quick summary of the history first, for our new members Virdjana Phantom Assassin and Ryoline Nanami." stated Professor Jelina as she slaps the stick to the screen slightly where the slide was shown.

Speaking of Ryoline, wala naman talaga akong planong kausapin siya nang magsimula na silang mag-sipasok at mag-siupo sa mga bakanteng upuan, pero agad siyang nagpakilala.

Sinabi niya sa akin na kung mayroon man daw akong gustong itanong tungkol sa grupo ay magsabi lamang ako.

At dahil hindi naman ako nabigyan ni Nueva ng paliwanag ay nagtanong na ako.

Doon ko napag-alamang ang sinasabing 10 miyembro ng Enchanted Elite ay kaming 10 lamang, kumbaga ten in ten thousands.

'So much for a normal student life. Although I should have expected this given the chaotic first student I met outside the gates back then.'

Nang mahalata naman ni Ryoline na may plano akong mag-back-out bigla niya naman inilista ang mga advantages ng isang Enchanted Elite: 100% discount when it comes to school fees, ultimatum financial support for chosen future vocation, travel pass to other schools, leaves during missions, hirable private tutors.

Ang sabi pa ni Ryoline as long as ma-maintain ng Enchanted Elite ang level ng kanilang abilidad at hindi madisappoint ang Master na nag-recommend sa kanila, maaaring manatili sa posisyon, at kung ang pag-back-out naman ang usapan, wala namang pipigil sa iyo bukod lamang sa kaunting persuasion ng Master na manatili muna. In short, mas marami ang advantages.

"The Chronicle Book is forged in the Eco Village, home of the skilled marksmen in our continent, as you all know there are many known individuals that hailed in this village. Aside from their natural affinity with plants and earth, they are also famous when it comes to the manufacturing of furniture, papers and tools used by the blacksmiths from different villages. And speaking of paper, according to the information written on the Chronicle Book itself, the ancestor mages from the Veniceum Clan gave birth to this powerful relic by sacrificing their life energy in exchange with the book's ability to record the history automatically on its pages. We can also say that it's one of their clan's oldest treasures."

'Damn.' sa isip-isip ko lang saka aksidenteng na-i-untog ang tuhod ko sa upuan sa harap.

"Aray...."
Nagulat na lamang ako nang lingunin ako ng lahat, kaya tuluyan akong natahimik, binigyan ko na lamang sila ng don't-mind-me-look, at nagpatuloy naman si Professor Jelina.

"It was believed that the book's content changes depending on the place where it was located, and would only record the events that happened in which it was currently at." dagdag pa ni ma'am.

'Changes depending on location?' The thought of it triggered many questions in my head.

'I needed to ask, but I don't think it would be a good idea to do so. I'm not desperate enough to look for them.'

"There are more to its background, but that could be discussed later. Pay close attention to the details of your duties." continued Professor Jelina.

She slid to the right, changing what was on the screen in front of us into a chart with our names along with a legend of colors.

"Supposedly there should be ten of you here, but some are out on a mission. However, do not fret since you can just imagine this as a little training under the institution of the academy. There is no need for combat because I would simply assign locations for every pair, you are to remain in that place to provide support for the roaming knights of the Academy when the day of the Chronicle Play arrives."

"Ma'am? Does that mean that we would not be able to watch the live shows in the Auditorium?" Ryoline asked after raising a hand.

"You can, however your role is more important than any play." Professor Jelina remarks.

"Don't worry Ryoline, we can always watch them through recordings. The Student Council have copies and we can ask if we want to have one since we are part of the Enchanted Elites." explained Drago with a reassuring smile.

"Oh really? Alright, I guess the job is more important. I won't let you guys down!" exclaimed the young girl.

Hindi ko kaagad napansin na isa pa lang freshman student ang babaeng ito, napagtanto ko lamang nang makita ko ang kulay berde na lining ng kaniyang blazer na isang sensyales na isa siyang first year student dito sa Arcacia.

"Another privilege?" I asked Drago, despite knowing the answer to my question.

"Yes." baling naman niya sa akin nang hindi nawawala ang ngiti.

Professor Jelina cleared her throat to take back our attention to her presentation, in which she began assigning our specific tasks.