Transactions and New Faces

"So, where to now?" asked Kadaski.

"Retromalus - the Town of Hazbins." answered Drago Arcedes.

3rd Person's POV

It was subtle, but as soon as Virdjana heard the name Retromalus, her pupils dilated.

'What in the hell?' thought the Silent Thief, her hands turning into fists for a few seconds. It was a good thing that none of the three noticed her reactions, so they quietly continued their mission.

"I have a question for Senior Assassin." began Ryoline in order to break the defeaning silence around them.

Kadaski and Drago both felt curious and waited for the walking icicle of a woman to respond.

"What could that be?." asked Virdjana, sounding expectant.

"How were you able to sneak up on me earlier? As a Beast Tamer I share the keen senses of Naga, but I just couldn't understand." said the youngest of the four with a small quiver in her voice.

"I'm also curious Virdjana. You suddenly disappeared for more than uhh... 25 minutes, and we were left there fighting Ryoline." stated Drago.

"True, then suddenly she stole the spotlight. The next thing we knew, she already got a hold of Ryoline." seconded Kadaski.

'That's because I have other priorities.' thought Virdjana.

Virdjana does not feel like explaining how she do things, but those three eager eyes in front of her forced the teenager to do it. "I covered my scent using the blood of a dying Starblaze wolf. There were many of them who are dead and wounded so I was sure that you won't be able to sense me on time."

Once again, Kadaski could not feel more repulsed at the idea of showering one's self with blood just so one could escape the sharp senses of their enemy. He immediately passed Ryoline to Drago before barfing behind a tree.

"Careful, I'm wounded." pouted Ryoline.

'You're not the only one...' thought Drago Arcedes before saying, "I see, but that does not explain how you still remained undetected when you were already close to her."

'She has beaten my reaction time.' thought Ryoline, "confirm this Senior Assassin..."

"Confirm what?" asked Virdjana.

"If you were any more serious than before, I would not be here with you in the first place, wouldn't I?" said Nanami Ryoline with a nervous expression on her face.

'Uhh, how could you even dare ask this weirdo that?' thought Kadaski after finishing his matters behind the tree. 'and it's obvious what Phantom's answer will be.'

"Let's get moving, it's getting boring." said Virdjana before hopping on top of a tree branch and getting a few meters ahead of the others.

Drago, Kadaski and Ryoline fell silent.

'She dodged the question!' they all thought.

Ang bayan ng mga Hazbin ay kilala bilang isang tapunan ng mga laos ng personalidad sa siyudad ng Arcacia. Mayroon din ritong mga tulisan, mamamatay-tao at mga taong nagpapatakbo ng mga ilegal na negosyo.

"Pumunta ka sa lugar na iyon at ibinenta mo roon ang Chronicle Book?" pag-u-ulit ni Drago sa kaniyang nakaraang tanong kay Ryoline.

Tahimik lamang na tumango ang nakababatang Enchanted Elite.
Hindi pa lubusang nakapapasok sa teritoryo ng mga Hazbin ang apat na teenager at nananatiling nakatago sa taas ng mga puno ilang metro mula sa abalang bayan.

Si Kadaski naman ulit ang sumusuporta kay Ryoline, habang si Drago ay nasa unahan upang mag-analisa ng mga ginagawa sa likod ng makalawang na gate ng bayan.
Samantala, kararating pa lamang ni Virdjana mula sa Cleopardia dahil kailangan nitong siguraduhin na walang sumusunod sa kanila.