Illumination

I clenched my fists, and slammed the whip on the red carpet. "I guess the book could wait."

Kadaski's POV 

Muli kong pinagliyab ang aking mga kamay bilang paghahanda. Sigurado akong marami ang susubok na pumigil sa amin. Nakita na nila kanina kung gaano ako kagaling umilag at tumambling or so I thought. Isa-isang nagsitayuan ang mga Hazbins na halatang hindi natutuwa sa ginagawa namin. 

"Ohhh, is it starting? My lovely guests, before this brawl begins I'll add a little spice to motivate your greed~. Spare me a glance and look at our second auction!" announced Intruder. 

He snapped his finger and his assistant pushed the Berserker child behind the curtains, afterwards pulling a meter-tall box covered with yellow cloth to the middle of the stage.

"Hurry up, Jester!" sigaw ng isang lalake na naka-upo sa kanang bahagi ng dome. 

"Nah ah, why don't you spare us a glance?" stated Drago before quickly wrapping the Fire whip around Intruder. 

The length of the whip can extend as long as 10 meters, so it was easy for Drago to throw it like that, but he was not able to constrict him for too long since his assistant came to release him from the weapon by firing a light beam towards Drago. 

My best friend had no choice but to dodge. 

"We'll get him next time." I stated. 

"Feisty." laughed the Jester of Retromalus as he dusts his waist as if dirt touched his clothes. Drago's fire whip left burnt marks on Intruder's outfits, but the man simply ripped that area away turning his clothing into a crop top. "That's more like it. Ah, where was I? Righttt, this box. I promise that it is a sweet treat. You can trust me with that, but in return I want those young men knocked out! Do not fear, I easily subdued their leader years ago, what more of her subordinates."

The Hazbins began crowding towards us, but the first person to make a move was the aviary mask-wearing individual. He launched himself upwards before delivering an axe kick from above us, but fortunately I was able to roll away while Drago leaped backwards. His attack left a medium-sized crater on the tiled floor of the dome. 

Holy crap, how strong was that attack?! That would definitely crush our skulls if we failed to move from that spot. 

"Sir Jester, I hope you don't mind me being greedy. I'll incapacitate them for you." smiled Aviary, I'll just call this guy Aviary. 

"The greedier, the better!" shouted Intruder. 

"We'll see about that." remarked a cloaked woman behind me. 

The moment Intruder snapped her finger were the moment these Hazbins started rushing to our direction. I closed my eyes as I started scribbling a symbol on the dusty tiles using the tip of my shoe. "Inadustus. Fire Creation: Gargantua Fuego!" I enchanted, however in the middle of my summoning I felt pain in my right shoulder, so the spell was interrupted. 

"Aski? Kaya mo pa bang lumaban?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Drago. 

"Remain alert, young men! Feather Sword!" Aviary enchanted, as he plucks a feather from his mask that enlarged and turned into a fine blade. He took a fencing stance and thrusted towards me. 

"Not on my watch." glared Drago as he uses his whip to stop the sword inches before it reach my chest.  Then he spun the whip around his head, immediately disarming Aviary of his Feather Sword. 

"Aski, jump now! Cool move incoming." shouted Drago. 

"What? Ah- got it!" I hopped and Drago crouched downwards to use his elemental weapon to trip the nearing Hazbins, while some fell flat on the floor, others dodged in time and started firing their magic at us.