Fading Distance

"She's going to help us. Never too late to add another one to the team." Phantom nonchalantly reasons, as she opens the double door leading to the real backstage of the Dome.

Virdjana's POV 

As we walked in the corridors the smell of old wood lingers prominently in the air. Who knows if this is a trap? Yet, I have to risk it in order to get my hands on the Chronicle Book. 

It was Nix' turn to carry Ryoline this time, but both of them are still handcuffed. Nix' axe was hanging behind his shoulder, while Ryoline is on her shoulder. She looks like she was being punished, and honestly she deserves that. 

It did not even took more than 30 minutes before we spotted the Chronicle Book afloat and encased by a protective magic bubble on a podium. Surrounded with nothing else but empty bins, and used crates. 

"Approach it warily." Drago reminded everyone. 

"This is obviously a trap. Come on." reklamo ni Kadaski na ayaw gumalaw mula sa kinatatayuan nito. 

"Come on Aski. Virdjana and her Resonance friend will watch the door, help me figure out how to unlock the rune seals." said Drago as he pulls Kadaski with him. 

As both Fire Enchants began analyzing the runes, Nix snickers lightly and starts a conversation with me. 

"Sino sa dalawang iyon ang boyfriend mo? O baka naman pareho mo silang boyfriend?" panimula nito. 

I rolled my eyes in irritation. Nix may be blind, but that doesn't stop her from being annoying. She has always been like this. However, I do not know her any longer. Nix may be an old friend of mine, but a lot of things may have changed, and she can still betray us just like Ryoline did. However, to be fair, I know Ryoline will betray us. 

"Say Albus Feles, how did the both of you defeated my senses?" asked the Resonance member while giving me a grin. 

"Concealment Magic." I shortly answered. 

"Ah that! Wait, but that only hides someone's aura." pouted Nix, seemingly unconvinced with the response she got. 

"It was a dual enchantment." I stated as I slightly shift my body to face her. 

She gave me an 'OH-' facial expression before nodding. "Hiding the aura, and silencing sounds. You applied it to that boy, and managed to trick me. Heh~ takes me back to the days where we storm other Hazbin territories. They were always baffled as to how we were infiltrating their bases. Bunch of morons." 

"I'm not going to let you distract me with that little trip-down memory lane." I glared, pulling out my dagger and pointing it to her neck. 

"Sharp as usual. I know you won't take my word for it, but I'm not gonna stop you from taking the Chronicle Book. When I received a tip-off that Albus Feles is back here at Retromalus, my mind went blank for a few minutes. I only ever wanted to see if you're doing alright." Then she turns to look behind us. 

I also turned around and that was when I realized people are hiding outside, waiting for us to get the book before ambushing us. Did Nix just revealed Intruder's plan? 

"Yeah, right." I could not let myself feel nostalgic right now. 

"How cold! Sends shivers to my under-OW!" I was quick to pinch her arm to stop her from completing that sentence. 

"Despite acting distant, you actually take my word for it right? It won't be easy to accept words from a mercernary, but at least believe me when I say that Okapa and the others chose to stay there for you. We all did." Nix added as she brushes the reddening spot on her arm.