Blood and Pride

Virdjana's POV

I found myself touching the hilt of my daggers.

Will Dheeran be alright at Hurricania?

My anxiety rushes in as I worry about what might have happened to Dheeran Arcedes. 

I know that it was my idea. I am aware that I was emotional when it happened. That is why I have to bring him back, and make sure he wouldn't talk about what I was doing at Hurricania.

I stared at the floor, probably in the process of spacing out, I think about how I can get out of sight and return to the warehouse to grab the last ingredient I need for the Teleportation Circle.

"Hey, don't worry. The teachers, masters, and Enchanted Elites could handle this." 

My classmate Ruby must have thought I'm shock or something.

She tapped my shoulder while wearing a smile. I'm surprised that she was capable of making an expression like that.

"Sure, they will," I responded nonchalantly, grabbing her hand and putting it down.

"Virdjana, about what happened back in the gymnasium, I was not expecting you to show up. I'm glad that you did, " Ruby smiled, her fingertips touching as she leans closer to me. "Koala says thank you."

Is this the same gangster that threw her desk, and challenged me to a brawl during my first day in class? Hardly believable.

"What's so funny? Why are you making that face?" Ruby frowned looking offended. 

"Nothing. You think I'd buy your acting?" I stated as I look away.

"Acting? Here I am expressing my gratefulness, and you call me a fake?" she grumbled, crossing her arms in front of her chest, and stomping once. 

Cute. Wait, no. 

"Hey, hey! Excuse me. Coming through, out of the way." said a familiar female voice coming towards our direction.

"You. Virdjana Phantom Assassin right?" a girl wearing eyeglasses asked, her voice was raspy and she was also panting out of exhaustion.

"President Zeky!" exclaimed Ruby butting in first before I could even respond to the person.

Come to think of it, she was our classmate and the one Nueva fought in the gym.

Did I hear it right that Ruby called her President? President of what?

It might be S Class.

"There's no time. With my authority, I appoint you as a helper. Come with me." Zeky stated, walking behind me and pushing me to walk forward.

"Hey! What the heck?!" I hit the brakes, one leg forward, leaping away from the girl. 

"This is an emergency Virdjana Assassin. I am permitting you to leave the dome, unlike other students, as an Elite you are allowed to fight for the academy, for the students, and you can do what you want." Zeky explained, fixing her eyeglasses. 

Is she trying to tell me something? 

I noticing the number of people gathering around us, murmuring began. It's making me feel uneasy.

President Zeky Shade, a Shadow Enchant who defeated Kadaski Nueva, and a member of the Enchanted Elites. She has a lot of fancy epithets backing her credibility.

"Alright, just don't touch me." I finally responded.

I watched Zeky talked with Professor Merca and Professor Luke. She talks as if she was in the same level with the academy's mentors.