Play the Lying Game

"Good job, Ryoline."

Virdjana's POV

"The book you found under my bed is a fake replica, it's just the book cover that I copied." I told them right after Ryoline was completely out of our sight.

"Bakit may replica ka ng cover ng Chronicle Book?" pagtataka ni Drago habang nakahalukipkip ang mga braso sa harap ng kaniyang dibdib.

Sapagkat plano ko sanang i-switch ang replica na iyon sa totoong libro kapag nakahanap ako ng tyansa habang may natitira pang free time kaninang tanghali.

Sa kasamaang palad ay mabilis akong natunton ni Ruby kaya hindi ko na nagawa ang planong iyon. Ang babaeng gangster na iyon ay isa sa mga indirect na naka-apekto sa plano ko para sa araw na ito.

With that said, the second reason why I cancelled my plan was when I felt a dark aura similar to the S.G.Ns after using Aura Sensos during the conversation I had with Kadaski about our Enchanted Elite duties.

Something or someone carrying this dark energy passed behind this hotheaded Fire enchant, and I attempted to catch it with my hands- I know, it sounds stupid but I had the feeling that I should not let it get away.

I guess Kadaski misinterpreted it as an assault towards him.

Honestly, if I was in his position, my reflexes would get the better of me and I would fight off the person immediately.

Due to those reasons, I cancelled my plan to steal the Chronicle Book today, and decided to investigate where that familiar dark aura was coming from.

--

"I'm a fan of historical books." I lied with a straight face.

"That doesn't make sense. You never mentioned that you have seen the book before, so the only possible reason is that you've seen it personally in order to create a copy of its cover." retorted Drago, obviously not buying what I told him.

"I don't see the reason why I'm oblige to inform you that I've seen it already." I answered before closing the window and locking it.

"You may not be oblige to tell anyone about it, but if you're hiding a replica of the book because you're planning to steal it," Drago paused in mid-sentence before scratching his nape, "Look, this isn't just about your likes, it's about an important artifact. If the book was stolen for inherently evil purposes then many lives could be placed in danger. It's about being a responsible member of the Enchanted Elite." Drago points out, walking towards me and saying it to my face.

I failed to say something about that and I gave it a few seconds to sink inside my head. Drago may have doubted the answer I gave him about the replica, and could choose to continue condemning me of thievery.

Instead, he chose to look at the bigger picture, why does it make me feel a little ashamed?

"Virdjana, I hate to accuse you as much as Kadaski wants to." he added as he crouches down with both hands covering his face.

"Hey!" reacted Kadaski to his best friend's statement.

'This side of him is surprising.' I thought to myself.

Geez, if Drago continues to act this way I might fail wanting to stay out of the matter. I guess, I am partly responsible since we were ordered to keep an eye out for any suspicious individual in the vicinity.

"I may, or may have not also sense an individual covered with dark aura before we were informed of the theft of the book." I stated, looking away.
Drago immediately raised his head, as the rays of hope sparkles in his eyes.