Date Night

Date nights are the best. The kid is with her other family and I'm free. It was nice to have time with the possible new man of my life. I had, had enough of the Lathan and Kage show. Their third wheel Jade still had me f**ked up but as long as she stays over there and away from over here she will be in good hands.

His name was Daisun. We met at one of my art classes. He was really into the creative arts. Very in tune with himself. He approached me. I was not shocked. I was fine and painting my ass off. He took interest in my art. We exchanged numbers and started linking up. He was into my spiritual juju. We would meditate together and even do spiritual baths together. He wouldn't even try to enter my temple. He was a true gentleman. I think he just liked being twisted up in all this organic majestic baaawwwdy and personality. Nonetheless, I loved it too.

Tonight we were meeting at LaRue's. One of the best live Jazz and dines in town. He usually would pick me up but I had to work late so I told him I would meet him there. I let him know I was pulling up and he came outside and met me. "Gahdamn, it's got to be a mfn sin to be this gorgeous!" He was always hyping me up. "It's got to be a crime for you to be that damn handsome!" You hype me I hype you. We entered the spot. We sat down and ordered from the menu. I told baby I needed to go to the restroom. The bathroom was off in the cut. I handled my businesses and came out and to my surprise Lathan was standing right in the hallway where the restrooms were.

"Why are you here?" That's the first thing that flew out my mouth. "I have a business dinner." He said smirking at me. "Where is our child? You didn't leave her with Jade did you?" He walked up closer to me and said, "She's with my mom but you sure do look really nice tonight." I rolled my eyes. He got closer to me. He started running is finger along the side of my face. I pulled away and walked around him. " You know, Angel, I still love you...don't be like that!" He said as I walked away. Eh, he makes my stomach turn and not in a good way. How could man use to give me so many butterflies but now he just like a big pile of racoon shit to me.Just to my fucking luck he was here with Jade's ass and now she was staring me down as I made way back to my date. Now she has more reasons to think I'm a threat. No time to care though.

Daisun was just looking at me with those beautiful eyes. I wasn't going to let anything ruin my night. We talked for hours it seems as we ate, drank and laughed. We both agreed we needed a night cap. So he paid the tab and we headed out of there. As he was escorting me to my car. I saw Kage and his girlfriend walking into the spot. We locked eyes for a moment but Daisun pulled me in and kissed me very passionately. I'm still looking at Kage out the side of my eye trying not to make it look obvious. All I know is it's going to be alot of tension at that "business meeting" tonight. Too bad I had some bones to jump but then again I want no parts in that dumb s**t.

I was driving to Daisun's loft when a text came in. "So this what we doing?" Oh my lawd! Why is Kage texting me. I laughed. "What do you mean?" " Dont play Angel. I saw you." I was still tickled. Kage and Lathan had been around each other too long. You don't own every person you fuck. I'm definitely not the one to be that way with. If you not mine. I don't waste that kind of time. I knew it was going to be something when he didn't take his eyes off me when he saw us kissing. He kept texting talking about how I better not get too attached. Kage was crazy. He is not my man, never was, and never will be. He had good times when we were together but that Alpha male stuff he can save for his own two b**ches. "Angel, fr...im falling for you!" I threw my phone across the seat. These motherfuckers were psychotic. Enough of the rift raft. I turned up my Isley Brothers and prepared myself for this Journey to Atlantis I was about to take tonight. Oh yesssss! Finally.