The Beginning..to an End

Today I gave birth. A week ago I got divorce papers. I had too much on my mind. Lathan basically explained he was unhappy and he knew all about Kage and I. I was thrown back. He even asked me if I was sure it was his baby and I was just tired of the lies. Everything was out so I told him how the dates added up it could be his or Kage's. He was calm. I don't know how long he knew but he didn't yell and didn't argue. He simply nodded his head and finished putting his things in the Uhaul. I was hurt because you can definitely feel when a man is completely over you. I felt that for a long time with him towards the end. You can feel when things are through and the connection is lost so I respected his wishes and gave him what he wanted. I signed the divorce papers.

I was in the hospital a few extra days after giving birth because I became slightly sick after giving birth. To my surprise, Kage came to visit. Lathan was basically not dealing with me until I had a DNA test but I guess me and Kage had more in common these days because  Lathan hated us for the moment. "How you feeling,Crybaby?" Kage asked being his usual self. "A little better. Please don't call me Crybaby anymore though." "Ok, cool. May I see the baby?" "Feeding time just ended. I will call the nurse to bring  the baby back in." I called for the nurse to bring in my baby. He and I sat there and talked. We talked about how we felt and Lathan and everything around this situation. It was refreshing because for one moment in time I could see some decency in Kage. I had already found mine. Being made an outsider in your own home and lonely going through a pregnancy will make you feel and acknowledge alot of things about yourself. It was too late to take the past back so we had to live in the circumstances we had made and deal with them the best way we could.

The nurse brought in my baby. Kage held the baby and he was really glowing as he did. "Wow, a little life in my hands." He said. I smiled as he baby talked to the baby. At that moment it was a knock at the door. "Come in!" It was Lathan. I did not expect to see him. Me and Kage were both frozen at the sight. "Yall don't have to be like that. I am just coming to see the baby and make sure you are ok,Jade. Your sister told me your were sick. I am in a more peaceful now with everything." Lathan said. Kage handed Lathan the baby to him. He held the baby for a few minutes than have the baby to me. He and Kage stepped outside and talked. I wondered what it was about but about 20 minutes later Kage came back in told me he needed to leave. We said our goodbyes and I laid there looking at this beautiful baby that came from me. At that moment it didn't matter about anything else but my little angel.

My mom, my sister and few friends called. I talked to them and sent over a few pictures of the baby. Everyone was very nice and respectful around the whole situation. I was at peace too. Things happen sometimes so we can be better people for our future. I would never put myself in a predicament like this again. I supposed vengeance is a hard pill to swallow when you should look for peace and understanding first. If I had just talked to my now ex-husband instead of assuming he was going to just be the same him that he was before he married me...I may have never made some of the choices I did. Also, if I felt that way I should have never married him before I could get over those feelings. Well it's all water under the bridge now because I have to keep pushing for me and my baby now. You definitely live and definitely learn. My mistakes and choices don't have to be my baby's. I am going to do what I have to so that we can all know who the true father is. I needed and wanted my baby to have a father figure. A true blood father.