𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"It is not dark, nor light. It is not good, nor evil. It is the in between of everything that ever has been, ever is being, and ever will be. Come with us," the voices rang out.

I tried to calm my mind, hovering in my meditative stance. I wanted to know what I needed to go to. I called my body to be one with the force again, feeling my mind and my body float in opposite directions, until I could see only darkness again.

"Do not be afraid, young Lorelei. We are not here to hurt you, merely guide you," the voices whispered, sans urgency, but it echoed all around me.

"Look around you," they continued, "What do you see?"

"The same thing as you. Darkness," I replied, my voice shaking.

"Darkness is simply an absence of color. We all could see darkness, if we wanted."

I looked around, confused. "What does that mean?"

"You will see what the Force wills you to see," they assured me.

"This is nothing but a void," I countered. I just could not understand what they meant for me to see, if all I was surrounded by was the dark.

"A void indeed," a voice laughed. "But a void cannot exist forever. There must be something to breach it."

"Light," I breathed out.

"Yes, light, but its form is only known to its viewer."

I peered around, this time, using the Force to guide me. I floated around in my dream-like trance, feeling a pull to my left.

I saw a light. Faint, but it was as if it called to me. I tried to run, but my ghostly state hindered me from moving any faster. Calming myself, as frustration was not the Jedi way, I kept following the distant twinkle.

Just as I thought I was getting close, I fell to the ground, in a sense, unable to breathe.

"What is it, that is making you stop?" the voices asked.

"White," I choked out. "The light is white."

"Interesting. You are surrounded by an absence of colors, but all you can see is a synthesis of all colors."

Their answer felt unhelpful.

"What does it mean to you, Lorelei Bache?"

"Goodness and purity," I replied, still feeling unable to breathe, but somehow able to talk.

"Qualities of the Light, wouldn't you think?"

"Yes, but-" I had another response, but I could not longer talk. Instead, I was falling, and trying to scream, but I couldn't utter any words, nor noise. I just kept falling, falling, falling...

"Lorelei! Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

I realized I was on the floor, no longer in my meditative trance.

"White, the white-" I started, gasping for air, but somehow couldn't remember the thought I was about to tell the voices. They were gone, and I was back in the meditation room, with a concerned Anakin standing over me.

"What do you mean, the white?" he questioned. "Can you breathe?"

"I don't know, and I can now. I was about to tell them what it meant when I started falling, but now I can't remember," I responded, still shaken from my vision.

"Them?" he pressed. "Who are they?"

"The voices," I replied. "I don't know who they are, I could just hear them."