𝐭𝐞𝐧

We found a small cruiser on the back side of the hanger. It looked partly decommissioned, and I watched in awe as Anakin swiftly put some parts together to make the ship hum with life. I pondered asking him to teach me how to do that sometime.

Stepping aboard the ship, I noticed we hadn't packed much. This was supposed to be a day trip, though Tatooine takes nearly two hours to reach from here, even with light speed. The potential consequences of this trip were daunting, but I regarded Anakin's pain much higher than what we might face afterwards.

"Are you sure about coming, Lorelei? You can leave now if you want," Anakin reminded me.

"If you go, I go," I replied, meeting his gaze.

He sighed. "I know."

Anakin took a seat in the pilot's chair, while I sat beside him in the copilot's seat. I allowed my fingers to graze across the cold metal, examining the variety of buttons and levers. I did love flying, and I was always fascinated by the technology that Republic ships provided.

I squeezed my eyes shut as we prepared for take off. I was nervous of our ship being caught leaving. I would rather ask for forgiveness than for permission, and it would be all for nothing if we couldn't even breach the atmosphere.

"Don't worry," Anakin said gently, sensing my anxiety. "I already programmed a takeoff code into the system, so we'll just look like a cargo ship dispatching for a routine dropoff."

I smiled a little, his words easing my worries. "Good thinking."

With that, we were off, and just as he had mentioned, no one seemed to pay much mind to our departure. We left the system with ease. He quickly plugged in the coordinates for Tatooine. I had never been there, but from what Anakin had described, it didn't seem like I was missing out on much.

Still, a part of me was excited for the little adventure on a new planet, even if I wasn't entirely sure what was in store for us there.

"Want to do the honors?" he grinned.

"I would be delighted," I remarked, reaching for the lever in the middle of the control panel. Pulling it down, we ascended into hyperspace.

I stared off into the blue orbit around us. I loved the way the hues danced around each other, mesmerizing me. I could take these small moments to relax, because I had a feeling I would not have much time to once we landed.

Looking to my side, I could see Anakin's face etched with worry. The lines around his eyes were scrunched, and though he was piloting, his mind seemed to be in another galaxy.

"What are you thinking about?" I questioned lightly, not wanting to upset him, but curious as to what had him in such a deep train of thought.

His eyes snapped back to reality with my words.

"The closer we get to Tatooine, the stronger her pain feels."

I continued to stare at him, noticing his features so eloquently placed, but full of dismay. An aura of sadness orbited around him, and if I was the rain, he was the storm.

"I'm sorry," I finally managed, not sure how else to console him. I desperately wanted to be there for him, to help him, but I was never well versed in showing sympathy. Of course, I felt it, as anyone in their right mind would, but finding the right words to say in times like these always proved to be challenging for me.

"What's that bracelet?" he asked, switching the subject. I knew he didn't want to talk about this anymore, so I obliged to talk to ease his mind.

"It's the one thing I have from home. The rocks on the bracelet were mined from Aleen, and the charm is a small white crystal. I have no idea what the significance of it is, but it brings me a little comfort knowing my parents gave me something, even though I don't remember them."