𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭

The Coruscant sun warmed my skin. I had been longing for it's gentle embrace, for the rainy skies of Kamino had taken it's toll on me. I stared, for a moment, at the Jedi Temple. It was the place I found a home in, where I felt solace, and yet, it had felt like a lifetime since I had laid my eyes on it.

There were many things to look forward to, being here. The weather was one of them. I had always enjoyed the sunshine that was bestowed on the planet, the warm air breathing life into it. I missed the chatter of younglings and masters alike, as I did the quiet of the gardens. I missed my room, where I would stare out into the city, speeders and other flying vehicles filling the atmosphere with a bustling hum.

I missed the people that inhabited this planet, nonetheless.

But alas, there were things to miss about Kamino. While I did not enjoy the constant downpour, or the roar of the waters below, I did miss how lively the halls were, with young troopers chatting about their days, and the futures that lie ahead of them. I missed my cadets, the bonds I had formed with them, the wisdom I had gained from teaching them, and the connection with the Force that came with it all.

I missed Leena.

But she had her duty, and I had mine. We had parted with tears in our eyes, but also a wave of comfort, as we would go on to do the things that the Force had set in our fate.

Fate. What a lovely, complexing, yet compelling thing. The development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power. To be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way.

The energy that brought me a sliver of hope returning here.

Master Secura placed a hand on my shoulder. "You missed it here."

I nodded. "Yes. But there was so much to love about Kamino."

"Not the weather, though."

I laughed. "Definitely not."

"You'll have some time later to enjoy it, but we must be off. The Council is anxiously awaiting us."

The Council?

I figured we would have to give a small briefing on our time spent there, especially seeing as I had spent a full rotation on the planet, but I had not expected it to be so soon to our arrival time.

Nevertheless, I followed her inside.

As we stood before the Council, I found myself much more at ease than I had at previous times.

"Padawan Bache, good to see you, it is," Master Yoda greeted. "Missed you, the Order has."

I bowed in respect. "It is good to be back."

"You completed your mission on Kamino with grace," Master Windu said. "We know you did not expect to be there for so long, but it was necessary. I find that you have learned a lot there."

I nodded. "I have. Not only about the ways of the Jedi, the ways of the Force, but also, about myself."

He looked at me, approval hinting through his stoic stare.

"We have heard many great things from Master Secura, but above all, a greater privilege, which she has deemed you ready for," he continued.

"Called back here, you were, for the trials, you are ready to take," Master Yoda added.

A warmth filled my heart. She thought I was ready to take the trials? I tried to keep my composure, but I could not help the wavering pride that radiated off of my Force signature.