𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Darkness. It seemed as if these days, it was all I would ever know, ever be surrounded it. 

Darkness takes many forms. It can be peaceful, the calmness as shut eyes call sleep after a tiresome day. It can be wicked, as vicious as the dark side of the force. It can be painstakingly neutral, as a night of tossing and turning. It can be confusing, as the unknown calls to you.

I felt all of these things, yet none of them at all.

These voices chanted "Lorelei" once more. 

At the beginning, I was afraid. As time passed, I grew more serene with it. Now, after the visions I had endured during the trials, I was confused. Confused as to why I was summoned, fearful it would draw out a malevolence I didn't know was possible for me to have.

I used to explore this empty unknown, letting my phantom body drift around as it pleased, trying to uncover answers about the mystery that was presented in this place.

Today was different. I had gone a year without them, and for a while, I had thought they just came to prepare me for my trials. I knew that was not the case anymore.

I stood still, eerily silent as the creatures moved about me. I still could not see faces, nor shapes of the beings that resided in this desolate space. I could feel their energy, wavers of the Force flickering about. It was almost as if they were dancing, and I was the star.

"You thought we had abandoned you," one of them spoke.

I shook my head, but to no avail.

"You have thought about us."

"Maybe I have, but for what can you blame me? I do not understand why I am consistently called here, trapped here," I replied.

It let out a sound, almost like a laugh, but not quite. 

"You are not trapped here, young one. You could leave if you wanted to, yet you stay here. You seem to not like to admit your curiosity."

I frowned. "I can leave?"

"You can, but you won't. Your desire for answers triumphs your fear."

I swallowed. I wanted to argue, but I knew that it was right. I did want answers. I wanted clarity, I wanted to find out the truth in this mess.

"You are not ignorant, not in the slightest. You crave knowledge, and knowledge, you acquire. You desire harmony, but you also understand that there is chaos to be found, no matter how still you make yourself, no matter how isolated you become."

"There is no chaos, there is harmony," I said, remembering my years of pouring over texts about the Order.

"Your eyes deceive you," it hummed. "You know as clear as the skies of Naboo that there is chaos, yet harmony."

I furrowed my brows. "How can there be two coexisting, if only one is the answer?"

"For every force of nature, there is its innate opposite. You already understand that for every light, there is a counterpart in dark, so why is this any different?" it questioned.

I thought about its words for a second, but I could not formulate a response. I knew that there was a counterpart of dark to every light, but that did not mean the darkness had to be acted on.

"You are much wiser than you lead yourself on to be."

"You can read my thoughts?" I asked, disliking the sudden invasion of privacy.