𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

The flight to Kamino was less than eventful. I stared out the window into empty space for hours, thinking about everything and nothing at all. I needed to make peace with the situation at hand. After all, I was a Jedi, and my duty revolved around going where I was needed, when I was needed, and for as long as I was needed.

So why did I feel conflicted?

Attachment. I knew it as well as I know my own name. The part of the Code that I struggled with the most.

Attachment. The inability to accept change as a fundamental part of life; the inability to let go of bonds.

I know that I am only human, and that it is innate for me to form them, yet I also know that when I pledged my devotion to the Code, I needed to uphold this. The Jedi Order saved me from a life of nothingness, and for that, I will ever be grateful. Now, it is my turn to give it back to them, no matter what it takes.

"Flight 2487 to command, we are preparing for arrival."

"Command to 2487, you are cleared for landing."

And just like that, we were on Kamino, and I was prepared for this next step in my life.

I stared at the planet outside in awe from the massive hanger that clones were doing marching drills in. Not the kind of awe that makes you feel warm and comforted inside, but the kind of awe that leaves you confused, starstruck as to how anyone could inhabit a planet like this.

I did not like rocks, that was a given. But I also did not like rain. I didn't like the sticky feeling that it gave my skin, how it plastered my hair to my face, how it sent chills through my bones, and especially not the smell of it.

Rain, storms, and gloomy skies is all this planet was, habitable bubbles encased by the raging waters outside. It was impressive how they made these structures, yet I would never choose to be in a place like this.

"Lo! You're here!" a voice called out, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Leens!" I answered excitedly, encasing her into a hug. "They've finally reunited us."

She grinned. "They must have known they couldn't keep us apart forever, attachments be damned!"

Force, Leena, could your timing on that subject be any worse?

She mustn't have noticed my shift in energy at that statement, because she grabbed my arm and starting dragging me inside, away from the gloomy atmosphere that I was staring at.

"I have so much to show you," she babbled on. "It's really cool here, there's so much to see and do, and training cadets is so much fun! That's not all we do, you know, there's a lot of logistics that we have to take care of, but I feel like I've learned so much more here than I ever have on the battlefield. Plus, the clones are so fun, it's like having a million friends all the time! Oh, and I already got your room ready, so we can see that too. I made sure they put it right next to mine so we can have sleepovers!"

I laughed. "You really do like it here then?"

"Oh, yeah," she replied. "And you'll get used to the rain. Now that I have you here, we really will be a force to be reckoned with!"

I smiled, listening to her point out all the spots she loves in this domed facility. I did miss her, and I was already starting to daydream about all the trouble we could get into. Secretly, of course. We never get caught.

Maybe this would be exactly what I needed.

I was abruptly woken from my peaceful slumber to Leena bouncing around on my bed.