𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝.
𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭.

chapter song: apocalypse, cigarettes after sex

As we wandered yet again throughout The Void, there seemed to be no end in sight. The aura had changed to a ghastly emptiness, one where it seemed souls were lost rather than found. The mere idea of this brought shivers down my spine.

I could tell that Anakin sensed my discomfort. He squeezed my hand a little tighter as we walked, which was slightly comforting, yet I couldn't seem to shake the unsettling feeling that rested on my shoulders.

It was bittersweet. I had come here seeking resolve from my visions, and I had found so much more than simply that. My questions were not just answered; I emerged with newfound knowledge about the Order as a whole.

And a boyfriend, I guess.

I couldn't begin to focus on the implications of that just yet. It would send my mind into a spiral that I was not ready to delve into, even more so as I had promised Anakin that I wouldn't tell Leena, and she was my strongest confidant.

But I was happy, and that was more than enough for me.

At least, for now.

"It's almost hard to imagine leaving The Void," I murmured.

Anakin cocked his head. "You don't want to go home?"

I shook my head. "It's not that I don't want to. Actually, with the way the energy shifted in here so suddenly, there's nothing more I want than to return to Coruscant. I know that our path lies beyond these shadows, but I learned so much here— I grew so much here, and it will always have a place in my heart. It's weird."

"You know, you're a lot wiser than you look."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He grinned. "You tell me."

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to give into his stupid little jokes. I pulled him onwards, getting the sense that we had been stationary for too long.

The one thing I could rely on more keenly here than I could in the outside world was my senses. When something felt off, or gave me a sense of urgency, I followed it almost instantly, as if something would happen if I didn't.

Which made me wonder if that was a lesson that lied here for me, but it was something I would have to meditate on later.

"The Void has shaped us," Anakin said abruptly, breaking the short silence.

"What?"

"I've been thinking about what you said. The Void has shaped us, challenged us, and allowed us to discover depths within ourselves that we didn't know existed. But you're right. Our story lies beyond this place, no matter the weird fondness we've seemed to gather for it."

I nodded. "Yes. Exactly that. It feels like an ending, but at the same time, a beginning."

He turned to me. "Our beginning."